28 Nosler (New with issue?)

please don't shoot rifle anymore!!! send it back., take It back do something that is bull S^%$
MAKE THEM FIX IT OR REPLACE!!
ive also noticed on the last few runs of "Nosler custom Brass" and I use that term loosely, that they're drawn a smidge longer need to be FL sized before even fitting a few rifles! I do this no matter what but it seems that their QC isn't up to snuff.

I have seen this scenario before..... combination of minimum chamber and wide spec brass

Have you tried FL sizing one of the fired cases to see if it is tight to chamber? May try and load a minimum charge load to see if you have problems with extraction marks or heavy bolt lift. I do know, when I received my 28 Nosler from a custom maker, the loads I had reloaded were tight in the chamber. I did call the builder and mentioned new brass loaded is tight when closing the bolt. He did mention I should cam over the brass when sizing, I did, but it was still slightly tight, I did remove about .002 from the die and that worked. When that box of brass was used up and I opened a new box, I decided to try and just bump the shoulder back .002 to save brass life, when I measured using a Hornady headspace guage, I was camming it over quite a bit, when I bumped just .002 I had to adjust the die to the point the shell holder was just kissing the bottom of the die. They chambered with no problems, no problems closing the bolt. The only thing I can think of is the box of brass was out of spec. However, I never had pressure signs until I hit the Max load or just over Max according to the reloading data I received from Berger. I.would at least try and verify if one of your own loads produces the same problems before I ship it out.

Have you tried FL sizing one of the fired cases to see if it is tight to chamber? May try and load a minimum charge load to see if you have problems with extraction marks or heavy bolt lift. I do know, when I received my 28 Nosler from a custom maker, the loads I had reloaded were tight in the chamber. I did call the builder and mentioned new brass loaded is tight when closing the bolt. He did mention I should cam over the brass when sizing, I did, but it was still slightly tight, I did remove about .002 from the die and that worked. When that box of brass was used up and I opened a new box, I decided to try and just bump the shoulder back .002 to save brass life, when I measured using a Hornady headspace guage, I was camming it over quite a bit, when I bumped just .002 I had to adjust the die to the point the shell holder was just kissing the bottom of the die. They chambered with no problems, no problems closing the bolt. The only thing I can think of is the box of brass was out of spec. However, I never had pressure signs until I hit the Max load or just over Max according to the reloading data I received from Berger. I.would at least try and verify if one of your own loads produces the same problems before I ship it out.

I probably should have. The rifle is already on its way back and the new one will be here tomorrow. I'll post up the new one in a few days and see if there's a difference

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.