28 Nosler (New with issue?)

shooters

ADFCA397-DD75-4087-A128-783FE29B6683.png
I have a new 28 Nosler Christensen Ridgeline rifle. Purchased new 4 days ago. Started break in with factory 168 Nosler Customs. Bolt is a little tight when feeding a round, a little tight after fired, and some pretty decent exctractor stamps on every round. Can someone give me some insight or advice on what’s going on here? I’ve heard everything from head space, hot loads, etc. I haven’t fired anything else through it, but seems unusual for factory ammo? I was gonna start loading with it, but not sure what to do from here and if the gun needs to go back?

LongBomber

Can you chamber a round, and eject without firing and take a picture of it? Any brass swipe? And was the bullet jammed in the lands by chance?
It even looks like there is a bit of leakage around the primer, although that may just be the pic.

shooters

Can you chamber a round, and eject without firing and take a picture of it? Any brass swipe? And was the bullet jammed in the lands by chance?
It even looks like there is a bit of leakage around the primer, although that may just be the pic.
No, I don’t think bullet was in the lands. Didn’t appear to see any marks. Both Bertram and the Nosler brass both seemed tight with and without a bullet.

WeiserBucks

Once again, STOP SHOOTING ! ! Take it back to wherever you got it from and get a replacement or refund. I wasn't joking in my first response. It's clearly a safety issue

257Tony

I was going to say that I had a similar issue with that exact same ammo out of my x-bolt 28 nosler, until I saw the pic! That is insane!

Dmagna

They have a huge problem with very tight chambers. My 6.5x284 Norma from them is similar.

shooters

So out of curiosity, are these rifles not fired before leaving their shop? Wouldn’t they have seen or noticed an issue? Just loading a round should have indicated an issue, and ejecting it with the sticky bolt??

Dmagna

Seems like they don’t care, it’s a very common issue that hasn’t been fixed.

Trending threads

Recent Posts