28 Nosler (New with issue?)

shooters

ADFCA397-DD75-4087-A128-783FE29B6683.png
I have a new 28 Nosler Christensen Ridgeline rifle. Purchased new 4 days ago. Started break in with factory 168 Nosler Customs. Bolt is a little tight when feeding a round, a little tight after fired, and some pretty decent exctractor stamps on every round. Can someone give me some insight or advice on what's going on here? I've heard everything from head space, hot loads, etc. I haven't fired anything else through it, but seems unusual for factory ammo? I was gonna start loading with it, but not sure what to do from here and if the gun needs to go back?

Can you chamber a round, and eject without firing and take a picture of it? Any brass swipe? And was the bullet jammed in the lands by chance?
It even looks like there is a bit of leakage around the primer, although that may just be the pic.

Can you chamber a round, and eject without firing and take a picture of it? Any brass swipe? And was the bullet jammed in the lands by chance?
It even looks like there is a bit of leakage around the primer, although that may just be the pic.

No, I don't think bullet was in the lands. Didn't appear to see any marks. Both Bertram and the Nosler brass both seemed tight with and without a bullet.

I was going to say that I had a similar issue with that exact same ammo out of my x-bolt 28 nosler, until I saw the pic! That is insane!

So out of curiosity, are these rifles not fired before leaving their shop? Wouldn't they have seen or noticed an issue? Just loading a round should have indicated an issue, and ejecting it with the sticky bolt??

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.