Frankford Arsenal M-press. I’m not m-pressed!!

Thanks for the post, I've looked at this press more than once due to the lack of availability of the Co-Ax but I think I'll just wait on a Co-Ax now!

Thanks for the post, I've looked at this press more than once due to the lack of availability of the Co-Ax but I think I'll just wait on a Co-Ax now!
I got mine from midway around Thanksgiving, if you'll put be notified when it arrives you may not have to wait to long. I would get notified and kick around weather I wanted to spend the money and when I decided they were gone, so the third time I was notified I ordered immediately!

I got mine from midway around Thanksgiving, if you'll put be notified when it arrives you may not have to wait to long. I would get notified and kick around weather I wanted to spend the money and when I decided they were gone, so the third time I was notified I ordered immediately!
yep i'm on the email notification list for a few different retailers, hopefully won't be too long!

Had a similar experience, was sizing 223 and like you had one a little sticky but no excessive force and it stripped the screws out that held the shell holder plate on the press , I was concerned when I got it because it looked like a drunk monkey had put them in. I took the press apart and drilled and tapped it for larger screws and no more problems but I got a coax and should have got it to begin with.
How much bigger of a screw did you go to? Also when you say tear the press apart I'm assuming you had to completely disassemble the press in order to drill and tap those holes?

How much bigger of a screw did you go to? Also when you say tear the press apart I'm assuming you had to completely disassemble the press in order to drill and tap those holes?
To be honest I don't remember what size screws I used. I took a screw that came out of it to fastenal and got everything I needed. If I come across the tap I'll let you know what size. You are correct I had to disassemble it so I could drill the holes straight and tap it.

To be honest I don't remember what size screws I used. I took a screw that came out of it to fastenal and got everything I needed. If I come across the tap I'll let you know what size. You are correct I had to disassemble it so I could drill the holes straight and tap it.
So did you just get a longer screw with the same thread pitch or a completely different route? Reason I ask is I have the same issue and want to drill and tap the plate for bigger screws and I just wanted to see what other people have done.

So did you just get a longer screw with the same thread pitch or a completely different route? Reason I ask is I have the same issue and want to drill and tap the plate for bigger screws and I just wanted to see what other people have done.
I'm wondering the same thing. I got mine kinda pulled apart the other night to check on this and sure enough about half the screws were cocked one way or another.

I happen to have a 4mm tap and bit from another project, I think I'll test that out and see how it goes.

Looks like a symptom of not enough lube. If the sizing operation is creating a lot of resistance...STOP! Find the problem.
I thought the same thing when I first read this but having monkeyed a little with mine I can tell you that any diagonal pressure or screwiness will stop this press dead as a snow plow on a granite curbstone. Now that I've seen it I believe that a loose/bent plate is enough to lock this sucker up.

Looks like a symptom of not enough lube. If the sizing operation is creating a lot of resistance...STOP! Find the problem.

I've since moved on to a rock chucker supreme. No comparison in build quality and sturdiness. I could have used more lube in the neck but it should not have broke with the amount of force used.

I drilled and tapped for a larger diameter screw.
Wasn't much resistance, the screws that held the plate on looked crooked and evidently were crossthreaded and they all pulled out and didn't bend the plate or anything.