Frankford M-Press vs Forster co ax?

Glad it was somewhat helpful as there is not much out there yet By next yr there will be more people using them and reporting.

The number 1 and 2 things I saw the most was it coming with a shell holder to short (they sent new ones) and the set screws backing out which people said to just replace (purple loctite I would think would work as well) Not hard or major issues. Oh and if you have the long micro meter dies like hrdy it may not clear the yoke but that is an issue coax had as well. Seemed everyone liked the built in led light super bright. I read of one not working but they sent out a replacement. So a few growing pains but nothing earth shattering. I think the biggest dig people have is they feel its a company trying to do a knockoff of general coax design.

You may want to look at what's been upgraded on the newest version of coax as well. I read they made some upgrades? But I did not investigate further. Mine is old as dirt pre Foster buyout.

Hmmmmm, guess I'm still eliminated from the discussion. Forster just seems the smarter way to go, I'd give the Frankford a while to get rid of any bugs or problems that might arise with beta testing by customers. It did do well in the press evaluation, and the light is very cool :) For the record I've never seen a more complete backed by numbers comparison on presses ever. I also got an RCBS summit so I have two new presses to work with. Can't loose with the Forster, you can sell it when they are unavailable to buy. Spent this morning setting up and going over the summit, I see why it did so well in the comparison. There went the money for my new barrel :( Dave

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, guess I'm still eliminated from the discussion. Forster just seems the smarter way to go, I'd give the Frankford a while to get rid of any bugs or problems that might arise with beta testing by customers. It did do well in the press evaluation, and the light is very cool :) For the record I've never seen a more complete backed by numbers comparison on presses ever. I also got an RCBS summit so I have two new presses to work with. Can't loose with the Forster, you can sell it when they are unavailable to buy. Spent this morning setting up and going over the summit, I see why it did so well in the comparison. There went the money for my new barrel :( Dave
Hi , could you tell which is better for 243 , I'm currently looking at both the Forster and Summit and have been told Summit best suited for pistol ?
cheers

I don't think you could go wrong with either but would get the summit if it was me. I am totally pleased with the summit and it produces very concentric ammo. Its also cheaper and easier to get : ) with pistol cases it may work a little better. Good Luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.