Frankford Arsenal co-ax press

Any updates to this thread. I noticed the FA on clearance for $159 at Grafs and was thinking of grabbing one. Seems to be a nice press at that price.
I'll be honest. Seeing their Co-ax and die bushing blocks on clearance scares me into wondering if it's being discontinued... Might call up FA and see what's up

Agree. I ordered a new press the other day and then Stumbled onto this. Seems a "to good to be true" type deal. I'll stay away.
And yet I find myself trying to justify this....it had a good review on UltimateReloader.com. I think if FA says they have no plans to discontinue it I might order it up at $160. If I hate it, I can probably make my money back on FleaBay

Let me know what FA says.
Just snuck away from my desk and called them quick. The guy told me they have no plans to discontinue the press and that they just had a big sale for distributors which is why we are probably seeing them so cheap. I think I'm going to pop down to Scheels after work and see if they'll price match this. For $160 it would be irresponsible to not try it out (at least that's what I'll tell the wife). There are slim to no reviews from regular guys and I only trust the big websites and magazines so far after it was shown that manufactures (*cough* Remington *cough*) have paid for good reviews in the past. At worst it will just replace my Lee's Breech-Lock Classic as my new workhorse

It's a copy but they missed one of the most important details. With the die holder riding on the shafts, any wear of those shafts, casting or bushing leads to tilt of the die holder.

On the Co-Ax, the shafts move through the base and at that location, a few 0.001" wear will have very little effect on the die alignment.

I think the reason for the discount is that FA is probably having trouble selling them at the original price. Now they are trying to compete against "O" presses instead of the Co-Ax.

I would rather try an RCBS Summit if I wanted something different from a typical "O" type press and not a Co-Ax.

But in all honesty, i would try an arbor press setup if I was unhappy with ammo made on my "O" type press.

I would rather try an RCBS Summit if I wanted something different from a typical "O" type press and not a Co-Ax.
I did and it is a great press with no runout problems if you use good dies. It was one of the top performers in the big press comparison (thats why I tried it). Co ax's were non existent when I was looking for a new press. I used and still own a rockchucker press but it is not in the same league as the summit. It does my depriming duty now and will always have it for that.

There's a lot that scares me about the frankford arsenal co ax, where its made (china) for parts and service, needing their die bushing blocks for all your dies, they are going to have poor resale value, and they are a lower quality knock-off of another companies design. I would suggest they will not last nearly as well. Forster pioneered the design and has had decades to perfect and work out any bugs. The frankford arsenal is untested and first buyers will be the beta testers, for that reason you want them close by to ask questions of and get parts for. JMHO

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.