Frankford Arsenal M-press. I’m not m-pressed!!

Don't get to discouraged, just check the screws that hold the the shellholder plate down. In my opinion thats the weak point. Mine were noticeably crooked.
So the screws if crooked or stripped might just cause some pinch/misalignment that are enough to account for the failure and the rest is good and legit? I can deal with that.

So the screws if crooked or stripped might just cause some pinch/misalignment that are enough to account for the failure and the rest is good and legit? I can deal with that.
Well possibly, the whole plate came off of mine, all four screws stripped out at the same time which probably kept anything from bending. I took the press apart and drilled and tapped the holes for larger screws and so far so good but also haven't used it that much. Everything else does looks good on mine and does seem solid so I'm going to keep it. If your getting one I would inspect the screws before I used it.

Sized the first case in my new M-press today. The shell holder assembly bent during the downstroke of the ram. It stripped the case rim and now the case is stuck in my die. For reference it was 30-06 in a Forster full length sizing die.

I did use a bit of force as the case was feeling a little sticky in the die. But nothing crazy and nothing the RCBS reloader special I've been using couldn't handle. I've used the dies set up the same way many times before and I followed all the instructions in setting up and using it.

not sure if the issue is due to weak materials, poor design, or maybe both. But I will be returning the press (thanks Midway) and not purchasing another.

My lesson learned...buy American products 🇺🇸
Made in China. Nothing else needs said.

If I am understanding, it sounds like the screws holding the shell holder were not strong enough, or were not installed correctly. It also sounds like you have not been brushing out the inside of the neck, which I find really improves the action of the expander plug.

I have to admit, I have always been a little skeptical of the shell holder design on the Forster and its clones. Skeptical as I am, I have a Forster and the shell holder works just fine. So Dozer83's idea of putting in stouter screws sounds like a good one. But if you have to do that on a new press, I think your decision to send it back was a good one.

While I've had good results with two of their vibratory tumblers, I'd stay away from most of that Midway stuff and buy something a little better.

It's a well known fact that chinese screws are made from a material resembling cheese, philips head screws and allen screws are best replaced with hardened steel screws, not good really but better than wrecking the machine.
If you do choose to replace them bear in mind they are probably metric sized.