For the wine lovers.

Sflutes

What Kinda wine do you like, red, white, alcoholic or non alcoholic, imported, local made ? any specific brand ? what makes wine so good ? any recommendations ?

I joined a wine club that allows me to make selections. They don't ship anything that I don't order. The selection varies from time to time with wine from all over the world being offered. The prices are good and I get free shipping. 12-15 bottles in a case.
It's "wine tasting" by the bottle. LOL

Life is too short to drink white wine, so I drink red exclusively. On a budget, Black Box is tough to beat. I don't give a hoot if it comes out of a box, I just don't let my guests see me pour it. I like Caberbnet's, Shiraz and Malbec in no particular order.

If I'm in the mood to spend a little more, I'll go with Bogle or Coppola. I'm sure there's much better stuff out there, but my unsophisticated pallet cannot discern the difference.

I joined a wine club that allows me to make selections. They don't ship anything that I don't order. The selection varies from time to time with wine from all over the world being offered. The prices are good and I get free shipping. 12-15 bottles in a case.
It's "wine tasting" by the bottle. LOL
i have to know much about this club of yours, Please PM me.

Look into blue aprons wine club as well, the curate special wines and they ship out monthly, box of 6, and they are in these cool bottles that are something like 2/3 of a real bottle of wine. My wife and I can pour one really healthy glass of wine each out of a bottle and then you can move on to another bottle, or call it quits for the night. It lets you explore all types of different stuff without getting big bottles of it.

Personally I am a Paso Robles Cabernet wine guy...dry and peppery suits me best.

LOL, My fresh "off the boat" Italian grandfather grew his grapes in his back yard, and made his red wine in his house. As kids, he served us his heavily, water diluted wine....and it was a real treat! Later in life, the closest taste I could find simliar to his wine was Chianti. To this day, it has been the only wine that appeals to me, and almost always ordered when I'm out to dinner.....if it's in the wine list. .

LOL, My fresh "off the boat" Italian grandfather grew his grapes in his back yard, and made his red wine in his house. As kids, he served us his heavily, water diluted wine....and it was a real treat! Later in life, the closest taste I could find simliar to his wine was Chianti. To this day, it has been the only wine that appeals to me, and almost always ordered when I'm out to dinner.....if it's in the wine list. .
Check google image for "Chianti" wine. they are lots of stuff. can you post a pic please.

Check google image for "Chianti" wine. they are lots of stuff. can you post a pic please.
Most restaurants and stores have Ruffino, which I generally drink the most. When available, I do like Bellagio and DaVinci. There are quite a few,brands, and many stores and restaurants will carry a brand I'm unfamiliar with. I'm rarely disappointed and the general taste/characteristics are consistent.
776C11E3-78A3-4EAD-BB83-0C7AAE855C24.jpeg BA0DE31E-6DA6-425B-8B52-09D2952B1A74.jpeg F667D1D3-9593-4B6F-A2FC-0F06B399229D.png 7650E43A-2823-4595-A5D9-5994E7475DCB.jpeg

Try different wine from different regions. My wife and I prefer the Columbia river valley to all other wines. We drink mostly red for our health. We prefer Merlot but you may prefer something different. Find something you like and explore that type and region. Look at it as a adventure and enjoy the journey. Hint "14 Hands" is very good cav or merlot.

For chianti look for "Sangiovese" which is the grape in chianti.

I think Cabernet Sauvignon and an oaky Chardonnay are good places to start. For particular brands Bogle Chardonnay is good and regularly available. Politics aside the best wine I have had recently is Trump New World Reserve 2015 which is a red blend from Virginia.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.