First Elk, First Time Using 210 VLD

Hat, no in post#27 I said he's taking a Browning Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5CM and a .270WSM as a backup.

stx, wish it was my hunt. My son's friend he's known for over 30 years drew a buffalo and the bighorn tags this year. His backup rifle is a .270WSM. Here in Az these are once in a lifetime tags. I'm going on the hunt, but I'll be on a mountain top with my spotting scope. Several have seen an albino ram in his unit, but it's said to be on the small side.
It'll be a great experience even if you're not the hunter!

It'll be a great experience even if you're not the hunter!
stx, while waiting my turn for a tag I've been on some very very premium hunts just helping friends. Three years in a row on the Az Strip mule deer and now this desert bighorn. Learned a great deal of info on these hunts to apply to my hunt when drawn.

I like the 210 Berger with my 300 RUM. On Thursday, 10/26 my son took a nice cow , approx. weight of 500 plus lbs at a lasered 508 yds using my rifle.

Congratulations on that Bull and Nice shooting, meant to say that on the previous post.
The load was a 210 Berger at 3160 fps. We recovered the bullet under the skin on the far side. It had mushroomed completely. Entrance was high and it took the lungs. The cow dropped at the shot and never moved out of her tracks. The website is giving me a hard time uploading files but I will keep trying as I have some good ones of the cow and the bullet.

Congratulations on that Bull and Nice shooting, meant to say that on the previous post.
The load was a 210 Berger at 3160 fps. We recovered the bullet under the skin on the far side. It had mushroomed completely. Entrance was high and it took the lungs. The cow dropped at the shot and never moved out of her tracks. The website is giving me a hard time uploading files but I will keep trying as I have some good ones of the cow and the bullet.
3160 with the 210 is Smokin! I'm sure it's devaststing!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.