First build

timmymic

I am looking a building a 6.5 creedmoor in left handed and want to find a used 700 actin to make it from. what calibers would I look for that could be rechamber to fit the creedmoor and what do u have to do to go from one to the other???? Thanks for your help

Or the same situation wit a .264

Any short action with a 308 bolt face wil work nicely if you are going to feed from the mag you may want to use the 22-250 mag spacer and follower.​
I am looking a building a 6.5 creedmoor in left handed and want to find a used 700 actin to make it from. what calibers would I look for that could be rechamber to fit the creedmoor and what do u have to do to go from one to the other???? Thanks for your help

Or the same situation wit a .264
use a long action with magnum bolt face

So if I bought a 700 cdl in a 7mag it would work good for the 264??? Idk if the 7mag is short or long I am assuming long

Ohhh thank u very much that is awesome news! So is it as easy as just changing the barrel after getting the 7 mag

I know you want a Remmy, but if you want to do the work yourself, you will want to get a Savage or a Stevens rifle. Both have a barrel nut that with a few hand tools you can screw a barrel on and set head space on your own. With a Remington, you will need to either get it made to accept a barrel nut to set the head space by yourself, or you will need to have a smith cut and time the threads so that you have correct head space from the bolt face. That is why I am a Savage/Stevens fan. It is much easier to build on. Any time you get a magnum, it is good to get the long action (I know, I know, there are short mags). The reason being even with the short mags, if you chose to shoot the longer high ballistic coefficient bullets and have a long throat cut, it can be a problem trying to get a short action magazine to accept and feed the longer dimensions. Now I know there are some options to extend the magazine on a short action, but the long action doesn't require this upgrade.

As for the Creedmore, from my understanding, the short action will work fine with all bullets. This is the caliber I believe I will build in my next rifle if I decide not to go with the Lapua. My cousin has a 6.5 Lapua and anxious to see how it shoots today.

To tell you the truth remington or savage doesnt really bother me either way i might lead toward a savage because i want a stainless action and factory made left handed the only thing i can find is the savage weather warrior! are they good guns?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. See if you can find a used one and save a little money. Matter of fact my cousin just bought a model 16 Weather Warrior. If you are going to re-barrel, then a used rifle would be the way to go. There are some trigger options out there that will allow you to upgrade if you don't like the accu-trigger. I like the accu-trigger, though if I built one for competition, I would change it out for the Rifle Basix trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts