First build action

Both are great choices.

Just need to decide which features are more important to you.
ARC - AW mags, 3 Lug, 70* Throw, Integral lug and rail, Trigger Hanger
Origin - 2 Lug, 90* Throw, More Prefit Barrels Options
I like the idea of a 70° throw that might be worth the extra bit of money

I personally would go with the CDG which is what I did for my 7 PRC, total into it is around $2,700 if I remember my prices correctly not including the can or a scope.

IMG_6394.jpeg

I intended to hunt with it but ran out of time to work up a load and didn't want to hunt with factory ammo so I switched between my short action CDG in 6.5 PRC and a Mausingfield in 30-06.

I personally would go with the CDG which is what I did for my 7 PRC, total into it is around $2,700 if I remember my prices correctly not including the can or a scope.

View attachment 523894

I intended to hunt with it but ran out of time to work up a load and didn't want to hunt with factory ammo so I switched between my short action CDG in 6.5 PRC and a Mausingfield in 30-06.
I like that! What length of barrel and why? I am having a hard time deciding on whether I do a longer barrel and go with a folding chassis or shorter barrel and regular stock

I like that! What length of barrel and why? I am having a hard time deciding on whether I do a longer barrel and go with a folding chassis or shorter barrel and regular stock
20" so that it isn't too long with the can yet I still keep a lot of the velocity. So far I'm getting 2800ish with the 180gr match ammo and about 50 rounds down the barrel but it seems to be speeding up as I shoot more. I plan on loading the 175 ELD-X for next year but I had to shoot the ammo to get the brass.

As for the stock vs chassis I have both and they both have advantages, the main benefit to the folder is that I can fold it to fit in the case when used on my 28" Creedmoor or I can leave the suppressor on my 18" 6.5 PRC.

IMG_8367.jpeg

For stocks I have the AG Composites Alpine Hunter, Manners Pro Hunter and Manners EH1. They all work well though I'm definitely leaning more towards the Pro Hunter with the ARCA rail. Barrels are 24" 6.5 PRC, 20" 7 PRC, 20" 30-06 and 18" 6.5 PRC.

IMG_8164.jpeg