Firearm Insurance

Do you carry Firearm Insurance or rely upon your safe?

• Yes

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Waste of money

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
Had it for a few years then got tired of paying almost $400.00 for 30k of insured weapons. An annual raise convinced me to drop it. I'll take the gamble. I have all working guns. I get it if you are a collector.

Had it for a few years then got tired of paying almost $400.00 for 30k of insured weapons. An annual raise convinced me to drop it. I'll take the gamble. I have all working guns. I get it if you are a collector.
So what you are saying is I should stick to my plan of really good safes in Ideal places?! No fire board safes, placed on exterior walls, areas not to be burried in a fire but easily accessed by fire hose. That was my conclusion looking into extra coverage a few years back. You can buy a **** good Sturdy safe or two for what it would cost for insurance.🤷🏻‍♂️

Can anyone Explain what a guy might be spending on say $10k/50k/100k worth of firearms insurance with the NRA route? I heard about it before but need to look into it.
Eastern insurance collectibles unscheduled policy is 35¢ per $100 of coverage.

In other words $10k in coverage would be $35. $100k in coverage would be $350.

They don't want any info unless a single item is valued at $25k or more.

Last edited:
I suppose if your annual raise was enough to replace your collection that may be the smart move.
So what you are saying is I should stick to my plan of really good safes in Ideal places?! No fire board safes, placed on exterior walls, areas not to be burried in a fire but easily accessed by fire hose. That was my conclusion looking into extra coverage a few years back. You can buy a **** good Sturdy safe or two for what it would cost for insurance.🤷🏻‍♂️
I encourage you to read about the member on here that lost 4 safes full of guns to fire; and they weren't cheap safes either. Then decide what you feel is right.

Recent Posts