Fire forming brass

thewoods

New to reloading but am wondering if i fire formed brass to a certain rifle (3 times fired) and switch to a brand new rifle i would assume it would be fairly close to fully formed if they are both saami spec. For load development i should be better off than starting fresh with virgin brass right?? Looking to sell the original rifle

You can try, but don't be surprised if it doesn't fit well. Try a fired piece in your new chamber.
There is a bunch of variation within "saami" specs and barrels/chambers.
^^^This!^^^ I have three .300 WMs and they are all different. Load development are different for each, so brass is dedicated to the respective rifles.

For load development i should be better off than starting fresh with virgin brass right?? Looking to sell the original rifle
Yes, new rifle = new brass to get the most out of the rifle, the brass, and the loads because this reduces a lot of potential variables. I run a short ladder and find a virgin brass load that's good enough to shoot through the cases, and then will redevelop a long term load once the brass stabilizes.

Unpopular maybe, BUT yes I will also occasionally use brass in multiple rifles. When I do this I'm not trying to make uber-benchrest high-precision ultra-extra-long-range American-sniper win-the-match quality loads here. Sometimes you just need to make a gun go "bang" - low-powered loads for a new shooter, using up random/ spare components, shooting hogs under a feeder at 50 yards. There are a bunch of situations I've been in where I'll grab some random 30-06 cases (maybe even mixed headstamp :eek:), FL size in a tight die, drop in some 4895, stick a Hornady Interlock on top, and go shoot. Faster than a trip to the store to buy a box of Core-Lokts.

Definitely don't trash the brass, it's always worth having spares around, especially if you're just getting started.

.......keep the rifle.

star wars film GIF

Partially not kidding because that's a lot of $ wrapped up in brass depending on the case. 6.5 Creed meh ok like $200, but 300 RUM dear lord that's $1,000.

New to reloading but am wondering if i fire formed brass to a certain rifle (3 times fired) and switch to a brand new rifle i would assume it would be fairly close to fully formed if they are both saami spec. For load development i should be better off than starting fresh with virgin brass right?? Looking to sell the original rifle
short answer...NO.
even though they are the same caliber they are most always slightly different.
Too many reasons or examples to mention. But, here are a couple; different reamer MFG, old reamer vs new reamer, skill level of the smith, just to name a couple.
Fired brass should be owned by one rifle. It would be rare for the brass to interchange to another rifle and perform the same.

Maybe, maybe not. Also depends on the accuracy and smoothness you want. 1" groups and occasional clicker is likely possible with used brass.

New brass or old brass, either way you're going to have to have the brass fired to properly fit the chamber.

Anneal the brass and then resize full length to a headspace that allows the bolt to close easily; effortlessly. If the brass won't do that, pass it along.

Just because its a saami reamer doesn't mean the next saami one is the same.
I had one from a certain reamer mfg that was .003 difference at the .200 line.