fire forming brass

Caleb85

I was just sitting here with my new born son and we were discussing fire forming brass.. and I had a brain storm..I know some people like me like to load a live round tight to the lands to Ackley brass but I know a lot of guys do the "cream of wheat" method but has anyone thought about doing that, but using them cheap throw away ear plugs as the "bullet"? Dose any of this sound like it might work or do I need to go to bed?

Haha thanks mud, I thought maybe I was up to late and my brain was short circuiting lol..I'm not to sure how bad it would gum up your barrel !! Lots of patches to be used at the bench !!!

I was just sitting here with my new born son and we were discussing fire forming brass.. and I had a brain storm..I know some people like me like to load a live round tight to the lands to Ackley brass but I know a lot of guys do the "cream of wheat" method but has anyone thought about doing that, but using them cheap throw away ear plugs as the "bullet"? Dose any of this sound like it might work or do I need to go to bed?

Hats off to ya Caleb85!!!! You're starting your son/family on the RIGHT/proper "track".

Also, congrats on your newborn!!!! I read in a different thread where you announced his "in the ambulance" birth, but as I was running out of time to write I failed to congratulate there/then.

CONGRATULATIONS Papa!!!!

Hats off to ya Caleb85!!!! You're starting your son/family on the RIGHT/proper "track".

Also, congrats on your newborn!!!! I read in a different thread where you announced his "in the ambulance" birth, but as I was running out of time to write I failed to congratulate there/then.

CONGRATULATIONS Papa!!!!

Why thank you kind Sir!!

"I was just sitting here with my new born son and we were discussing fire forming brass."

What does your son think about the idea?

I modified a 280ai die to hydro form 270ai

Attachments

• 2014-06-26 14.15.40.jpg
    2014-06-26 14.15.40.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 2014-06-26 14.11.20.jpg
    2014-06-26 14.11.20.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 96
About $35 this way. Had to cut .035" from the bottom and ream the neck .003". Now it will be my FL size die also.

7gr of Bullseye and ground oatmeal gets me about a grain more capacity but I can hydro form at home.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.