Finished up my 180 hybrid load in 7rm

How the hell is that possible ???
In shooting 1000 yard competition I tested at different yardages. Sometimes the long high BC bullets don't settle down (stop pitching and yawing) till they get downrange farther. This sometimes makes at 300 or so smaller than at 100 or 200. I don't like to test under 400 because vertical doesn't show up well closer then that. Matt

****, beautiful buck..

I will say bullets tend to hit right on paper at longer distance because of the rifle twist once it leaves the barrel. You will not notice this at 100yds but around 400yds and further. Also how well construction of bullet has alot to do with it.. for precise shooting I always weigh all my bullets into categories, just me.

Also what state who hunt at ?? Pm me

Makes sense DK. Freedom i live in alberta and was hunting way back in the bush where not to many people go. We go in by argo and its still usually a tough go. Quaders dont really make it in there haha.

That's a nice buck Shawn! I'm also working on a 180 Bybrid load for my 7RM for deer this year. Are you shooting them in the shoulder, or in the ribs (vitals) right behind the shoulder?

That shot was in the ribs high and back. Didnt hit the spine and they performed good. A good 2" exit and a fair bit of expansion. I want to try and leave the shoulders alone and see how they do without a solid bone hit on the shoulder.

That shot was in the ribs high and back. Didnt hit the spine and they performed good. A good 2" exit and a fair bit of expansion. I want to try and leave the shoulders alone and see how they do without a solid bone hit on the shoulder.

Ok, that's good to know. Thanks for the info. Now i feel alot better about using them for my typcal shot placement (right behind the shoulder, about mid-height).

Ok, that's good to know. Thanks for the info. Now i feel alot better about using them for my typcal shot placement (right behind the shoulder, about mid-height).

Im also starting a load tomorrow, MudRunner2005 are you loading for your Rugger?

Shawnb Great buck congrat's:D

Im also starting a load tomorrow, MudRunner2005 are you loading for your Rugger?

Shawnb Great buck congrat's:D

No, once I rebarrel my .338WM to a 7RM I will have 3 of them sittin in the safe. LOL The old Ruger, a Browning A-Bolt II Composite Stalker w/ BOSS (this is my 2nd one, first got stolen), and once I get it rebarreled...a Rem 700 stainless semi-custom (blueprinted & trued) 7mm RM with a re-fitted & trued new stainless 26" 1:9 SPS sporter barrel sitting in a B&C Medalist stock. Should be a shooter, when I get done with it.

Reason being, it's just hard to beat a 7RM for whitetail hunting...Always been one of my favorite calibers. Although I have been dabating strongly on rechambering that barrel to 7mm Weatherby to sling those 180's just over 3,000 fps... Plus, I can fire-form 7RM brass to the 7 Wby chamber. So...I might go that route since I don't have one of those yet...

with a good chamber and 26-28' barrel you should have no problem with 2950-3050 fps with a 7rm. with h1000 and retumbo you could probably slling them outta there at a decent speed

My 180 Hybrid 7RM load uses IMR 7828 SSC and with the 26" barrel, I estimate around 2,850 fps, which is cookin pretty good for a 7RM pushing 180's. We'll have to see on e I get it finished up. I was hoping to be load developing by now, and the barrel broke in, but money has held me back, but hopefully in the next week or so, I can get it done.

For what's its worth, the load I use in one of my 7 mags is 69.0 gens of H-1000, fed 215 primer, Win brass, 180 VLD. Good for 3000fps with a 26in. remington 700 Sendero style barrel. Havnt tried the hybrids yet! Hope this helps!!

DT

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.