28 nosler 180 hybrid load help

I'm shooting a 30 inch barrel with 84 grains of retumbo and getting 3330 fps. with lapua 180s. Has 9 twist. Shoots wery good one of the most accurate rifles I've ever had.

I hope my next barrel will be the same way. I'm putting a 32 incher on a 338 Excalibur. Only had 26 before and could push 300 OTMs around 3200.

28 nosler load data
180 gr Berger VLD Hunting
77.8 grains of Retumbo
Federal 215 Match Primers
Seating Depth is 2.860 to the Ogive

28 nosler load data
180 gr Berger VLD Hunting
77.8 grains of Retumbo
Federal 215 Match Primers
Seating Depth is 2.860 to the Ogive
In 2009 I was working on a wildcat of a 375 Ruger necked to .308. My Quickload estimates showed it not far off the RUM. All would be needed is ream the chamber out to the size of the belt. I sold the guns before I finished it, but dug my notes out after I seen the 30 Nosler. ****es me off that I didnt get my name on it first. The 30-375 Cana. Isnt that what the 28 and 30 Nosler are, a .404 Jeffery, shortened and necked down for a 3.34 coal?

What was meant by "not long lasting" is, the primer pockets give it up "expand" sooner than they should, compared to other like type cases.
All my loading was done mainly with new Winchester brass, and I had a lot of pressure signs here and there, but I can say the primer pocket never opened up.

Before load data came out from nosler I built my first 28. I started with 78 grains or Retumbo and the primer would stay in. I went down one grain at a time until the primer would stay in, that was 74 grains so I drop to 83. When laid data came out it showed 83 grains for 175 grain noslers. I was using 26 nosler cases so the necks my have been thinner than 28 cases. Later I bought 28 cases and use 83 grains and I get 3330 fps but it is a 30 inch barrel. In my rifle I would use no more than 84 grains of Retumbo.

Before load data came out from nosler I built my first 28. I started with 78 grains or Retumbo and the primer would stay in. I went down one grain at a time until the primer would stay in, that was 74 grains so I drop to 83. When laid data came out it showed 83 grains for 175 grain noslers. I was using 26 nosler cases so the necks my have been thinner than 28 cases. Later I bought 28 cases and use 83 grains and I get 3330 fps but it is a 30 inch barrel. In my rifle I would use no more than 84 grains of Retumbo.
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.