200 gr OR 180 NOSLER HELP!!!!!!

Cricket

Hi I shoot a 300 wby and I don't reload. I shoot nosler custom ammo in 180 gr accubond but I can't find them anywhere I found them in 200 gr accubond. I don't shoot much over 300 yards the norm being 150-200 yards. Can some one tell me if they are close to shooting the same or does the 200 drop a lot more I can't seem to find the balistic chart on the 2 of them any help would be awesome thanks in advance

You should find that the 200 grain bullet is slightly slower at the starting line but it will maintain more velocity over distance and, where the 180 grain will begin to lose velocity, the velocity maintained with the 200 grain bullet should more than make up for the exchange. I'd expect the 200 grain bullet to also offer less wind drift.

Hi I shoot a 300 wby and I don't reload. I shoot nosler custom ammo in 180 gr accubond but I can't find them anywhere I found them in 200 gr accubond. I don't shoot much over 300 yards the norm being 150-200 yards. Can some one tell me if they are close to shooting the same or does the 200 drop a lot more I can't seem to find the balistic chart on the 2 of them any help would be awesome thanks in advance
Run it through a ballistics calculator but you're probably within 3" vertical on drop at 300yds.

You will need to sight in again and see if your gun likes the 200's.

Looks like the 200s will drop about 1.5" more at 300 yards. I like the 200 grain accubonds and wouldn't hesitate to use them. It's doubtful they'll shoot to the same point of impact as the 180s so do like Wildrose suggests and re-zero the rifle before going out hunting.

Ok great thank you for the replies. I would defiantly resight in but you guys like the 200,s. I never shot them and like I said if a 309 yr shot comes up its unusual. 150-200 is it 95% of the time

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.