Finally happened to me..šŸ˜

The seller should eventually be able to get UPS to make good on the claim. Even if he has to take the @Muddyboots route. It might take 2-3 months though.
The seller has not lost any monetary value in this transaction, as he currently holds your money and he will get reimbursed from UPS. You on the other hand have money tied up in something that might not be resolved for months.
I feel for the both of you. But, you would not be outta line to ask for a refund and he should be obliged to give it.

Had UPS deliver a package of mine (from Nikon) to the wrong residence. That residence kept the package and told UPS they didn't know anything about it.
Knew my UPS guy pretty well. He stopped by one day with a paper for me to sign acknowledging I didn't receive the package. Nikon then replaced the item.
My UPS guy, apologised and told me, oddly enough, his roommate who also worked for UPS, had filled in for him that day as the roommate also worked for UPS. It was the roommate who delivered first package to the wrong address.
My UPS guy said all UPS had to do was look up the GPS record for the truck and could verify that the package was delivered to the wrong address. He said the GPS system tracked the delivery truck stops to within 10 feet...
My UPS guy went to the door of the residence and asked them if they were delivered a package by mistake. They said they had not. So they got a free rifle scope that day. USP guy said this happens way more than you would think...

Last edited:
Without a suspect? It would go nowhere. A uniform offense report could be completed, but would just sit in "UOR cyberspace." šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Not only that but it would be really difficult to establish jurisdiction, how do you prove exactly where it was stolen from. I have had packages that arrived, but with an empty box, the item removed and then had been resealedā€¦.. very frustrating, and none of the shipping companies give a S*#tā€¦

Not only that but it would be really difficult to establish jurisdiction, how do you prove exactly where it was stolen from.
That's a good point. The ONLY thing I could go by would be the county where the package went "missing." In this case it would be Fayette County, Kentuckyā€¦ā€¦and where that HUB is falls under the jurisdiction of the Lexington, Ky Police Department.

I had a moment of panic when I gave a couple of nice bows to a guy, and UPS "lost" the package for a while.

The local UPS person assured me the insurance would pay up, glad didn't have to find out.

Any thoughts on placing Apple Air Tags, or something similar, in packages so you know where they are?

That's a good point. The ONLY thing I could go by would be the county where the package went "missing." In this case it would be Fayette County, Kentuckyā€¦ā€¦and where that HUB is falls under the jurisdiction of the Lexington, Ky Police Department.
I agree in your situation that may work, you could start where the tracking stopped. You know as well as I do, it's gonna be hard. In my case, the package tracked all the way through from seller to buyer, but somewhere along the way the box was emptied out. Good luck brother, and yes the seller should at this point just refund your money and deal with the problem. Because there is literally nothing you can do on any account. You aren't considered the victim he is.

The problem is local shippers could care less. IMO you have to notify the highest responsible corporate entity and keep on doing so. Their Corporate Governance requires follow up. I would also inform local "investigators" the issue is going up food chain IF they refuse to perform a reasonable investigation that isn't walking around facility kicking tires. All companies have so called "hot line" that can be used as well. IMO time to pull the corp heads out of their butts.