Finally happened to me..😐

I don't know the answer and those that say-it's on the seller until it's in your hands, what do they base that on. I think one can argue, once the Seller gives possession to a 3rd party, it's on the 3rd party's dime. Hope this works out for you. Since this situation seems fairly common these days, I think it behooves both parties to clearly state the terms of the transaction, including risk of loss, in pm's, emails, texts before money is sent.
If you order anything online from a retailer, and you do not receive it, who would you go after for a refund?

I see no difference between a private seller and a retailer when purchasing goods.

Until you have received your item, you have not taken possession and the seller has not delivered your product to you.

If it was delivered to the correct address, and gets stolen before you can receive it, THEN I can see going to the shipping company for reimbursement.

Difference with retailer is easy peasy to pay with CC. No better insurance on delivery, or else your CC account will be reimbursed funds.

BUT..., if the shipping company (via shipment tracking) shows the item was delivered to your door step, or to your mailbox, you're still SOL. Even if your hands never touch the delivered item!

CC payment AND signature required before shipper relinquishes item, is about as good as "shipping insurance" gets. Based on my lifetime of experiences...

Did you ever tell us how you paid for this Farley CoAxial rest? How did you submit payment? Electronic transfer, CC, money order, personal check, etc...
PayPal F&F (no "note") after a couple phone calls and several text messages and forum PM's. I felt good about the seller….and still do. It's UPS that screwed this whole thing.
Not that this helps at this point in time, unless you paid via CC...

What a PITA! Good luck...
I value ALL viewpoints….especially on this issue. Never had this happen before. Thanks for chiming in, brother. 👍

I don't know the answer and those that say-it's on the seller until it's in your hands, what do they base that on. I think one can argue, once the Seller gives possession to a 3rd party, it's on the 3rd party's dime. Hope this works out for you. Since this situation seems fairly common these days, I think it behooves both parties to clearly state the terms of the transaction, including risk of loss, in pm's, emails, texts before money is sent.
I base the responsibility being on the seller because he is in control of the transaction at that point.he decides whether to insure it or not and for how much and who does the shipping.

The number of thefts during transportation is getting ridiculous as well as the incompetence of the local "investigations". IMO, I would ratchet the claim up to the highest level in UPS through their Corporate Legal:

Norman M. Brothers, Jr.
EVP & Chief Legal and Compliance Officer
55 Glenlake Pkwy NE,
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328

Once he receives a complaint, he is legally obligated to investigate and bring to conclusion.

I've had it with 🐂💩 run arounds, incompetence, outright lies and coverups. If he starts getting inundated with internal theft complaints, maybe a "change" can be had.

Anyone care to answer wyosteve on this?
Sure. If payment from the buyer never reaches seller is the seller obligated to send the item because the buyer can prove they sent the payment? If you buy something from an a buisness that sells online and you don't receive it do you expect a refund? If you go to a local store and have them order something for you and it never arrives do you expect a refund?

The point is the buyer sent the seller money and the seller received the money. In exchange the buyer sent an item that was not received by the buyer. The seller paid for insurance so the seller would be reimbursed if it was lost, stolen, or damaged. Seems pretty clear to me and anyone that would do anything including argue that the buyer is somehow responsible is dishonest and a thief.

If you order anything online from a retailer, and you do not receive it, who would you go after for a refund?

I see no difference between a private seller and a retailer when purchasing goods.

Until you have received your item, you have not taken possession and the seller has not delivered your product to you.
I'm leaning more towards this ideology. Seems like if the seller purchased insurance for the item sold then it would be on the seller to seek compensation for it if the item never made it to the buyer and the buyer should be entitled to a refund? The extra insurance being the "key" here? 🤔

The number of thefts during transportation is getting ridiculous as well as the incompetence of the local "investigations".
Agreed. As far as I know….the only "investigation" has been a supervisor (and members of an alleged "security team") physically looking for the package at least ONCE…..or so I was told……and that's only because I approached a driver and "leaned" on him a little. 🤷‍♂️

I'm leaning more towards this ideology. Seems like if the seller purchased insurance for the item sold then it would be on the seller to seek compensation for it if the item never made it to the buyer and the buyer should be entitled to a refund? The extra insurance being the "key" here? 🤔
Think about it like this. What would you do if you were selling something, bought insurance, and the item never arrived. My guess is you would refund the money and get your money back because the buyer did nothing wrong. I know I would.

@Deputy819:
The seller HAS to initiate the claim with UPS. Has he done so? I would forward all the information you have collected including my posting #47 as a courtesy with expectation of refund.

Muddy

Well, as most of you know I do quite a bit of buying/selling/trading on this site and have recently begun the same over on Accurate Shooter.
On October 31st I bought a Farley CoAxial rest from a gentleman in North Carolina (Accurateshooter.com). He insured it for $1,000 (I paid $925 for the rest), shipped it the next day and provided tracking info. After processing the rest went from North Carolina to West Virginia to Lexington, Ky in 9 hours………and then **POOF**…disappeared. According to tracking it was set to be delivered on November 3rd..showed "Out for Delivery", but never showed up. On November 4th the status went back to "Processing at UPS facility" and it never changed from that. I spoke with my local driver and he told me that the package had been scannned & uploaded to his tablet, but never put into his truck. Here's the weird thing…he also said he had backed into my driveway on the indicated delivery day, but when he couldn't find the package on his truck he left. I'm calling "BS" on that one because I was home all day/all night and never saw or heard anything. My 4-legged roving doorbell "Norman" also never made a peep. 🤔
On November 8th I spoke with his supervisor and she told me that she and the "security team" would make several sweeps through the HUB and attempt to locate the package (which weighed in excess of 35 lbs by the way). It was NEVER located. I could not file a claim on the package because "I" was not the one who insured it and even if the claim was honored the refund check would be sent to the insurer/seller/shipper. So, I contacted the seller and he filed a claim through UPS and they opened an "investigation." (Insert laughter here) Yesterday, I received a notification that the "Investigation" was CLOSED and more "Merchandise Description" was needed for further action. 😂🤣😂 Here we go….
So, it appears that a fight is indeed in the making and I'm completely powerless to do anything about it because I'm not the one who insured it to begin with.
Here's a question for you guys……If this was you would you ask the seller/shipper to refund your money and let HIM fight the claims process (since he's the only one who can) or would you just sit and wait…….and HOPE UPS actually sends a refund to the shipper and he actually refunds your money upon receipt?🤔
Its on the seller .

Not under the screen-name he goes by on Accurate Shooter he isn't. He's been solid and dependable so far and I have no complaints about the way he's handling this mess. I'm just not sure if it would be appropriate (so far) for me to ask him to refund my money since it's HIS claim to follow up on regardless. You know?🤔
He's got good history on the other forum.
Give him a chance to resolve it with united parcel smashers .