Finally got it and it turned out awesome

stephenr6565

I finally got my custom 264 and it turned out pretty sweet I broke it in then started my load development and the first load I tested It shot under 1/2" which was 62 gr of retumbo behind matrix 160's seated to the lands I then worked my way up to 66 gr. in 1 gr increments all of my loads with the exception of the 66 gr. load shot around a 1/2" the 66 gr. load was showing pressure signs and the group opened up to 1" those results got me really excited to see what it can do once I fine tune it also I have a lb of rl 33 does anyone have any loads for rl33 & the 264
20140524_094040_resized_2.jpg
20140524_094053_resized_2.jpg
20140607_123229_resized_1.jpg
20140607_123246_resized_1.jpg
20140607_123258_resized_1.jpg
20140607_123313_resized_1.jpg

That's a really nice looking finish on the hardware! If it shoots half as good as it looks, you're have a nice .25MOA shooter in your line-up! :D

Very nice, you'll like the Matrix, they've treated us very well!! We need a few more details on your rifle, really need to know what, who or how on the finish, it's one of the best I've seen a long time!!

Very nice, you'll like the Matrix, they've treated us very well!! We need a few more details on your rifle, really need to know what, who or how on the finish, it's one of the best I've seen a long time!!

so far those 160's seem to be very forgiving I ordered some of those 150's from marshal and I might not even give them a try cause so far I really like those 160's

rifle was built by submoa firearms in Henefer Ut
26" fluted 3g #4 contour lilja barrel
McMillan A-3 Edge sporter stock
defiance Action
huskemaw scope
talley rings
flatline ops cant level
finish is a custom Cerakote that was also done by submoa

Alliant's website has rl 33 loads for the 7mag with speer 175 sp

How does that help him?

Beautiful gun, i also just ordered some 150s from Marshall for my 6.5x284, should be coming tomorrow or friday.

sorry for the confusion but this is what I had to use to get a baseline for a rl 33 7wsm load since they didn't offer one. but I reduced even more than 10% for a start load& I was thinking if it was the same approx case & also with heavy bullets it could serve as a baseline for a 264 win mag also best to ask Alliant

isn't a 264 a necked down 7 mag case?

Actually the other way around... The 7mm RemMag came about by Remington opening up the neck to 7mm, of a .264 Win Mag case. The .264 WM was around a few years before the 7mm RemMag. However, the 7mm RemMag was introduced in 1962 (chambered exclusively in the new Remington 700) as the ultimate hunting cartridge for the new ultimate hunting rifle.

A combination that would prove to last the test of time, and beat-out the popularity of the .264 WinMag.

With powder and bullet technology today, both are excellent cartridges.

so far those 160's seem to be very forgiving I ordered some of those 150's from marshal and I might not even give them a try cause so far I really like those 160's

defiance Action
huskemaw scope
talley rings
flatline ops cant level

VERY nice Stephen! Aren't those 6.5's fun:D The 160's should work very well, but I wouldn't give up on the 150 idea. Personally, I think they may be a better choice for long range than the 160, but time will tell. I would try 64 grains of RL33 to start with the 160's and work your way up from there. This is based on my two 6.5's, the Sherman and the SS. You have more capacity, so I know 64 grains will be a safe starting point. I think you will be very impressed with the velocity. You should easily reach 3200' with the WM. I'm thinking you will max out around 69 grains??...........Rich

defiance Action
huskemaw scope
talley rings
flatline ops cant level

VERY nice Stephen! Aren't those 6.5's fun:D The 160's should work very well, but I wouldn't give up on the 150 idea. Personally, I think they may be a better choice for long range than the 160, but time will tell. I would try 64 grains of RL33 to start with the 160's and work your way up from there. This is based on my two 6.5's, the Sherman and the SS. You have more capacity, so I know 64 grains will be a safe starting point. I think you will be very impressed with the velocity. You should easily reach 3200' with the WM. I'm thinking you will max out around 68- 69 grains??...........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.