Fellas, this one kinda hurt.

some 60 years ago my dad was trying to buy a 410 for me to hunt with. He found an add for a pump 410 for $35.00 We missed getting it by minutes. It was an original model 42 winchester. 5 years ago I paid $1500 for one.

Think I've got y'all beat. In the mid 60's I purchased an unmolested 1911 .45 from a friends Dad, who bought it back from the war. Paid $45.00. I wanted a .357 so traded it, even up, for a S&W #19. Smith had a retail of around $165. I wasn't into collectables and didn't realize it was a Singer Sewing Machine .45, 1 of 500. Today's value well into 6 figures.

Think I've got y'all beat. In the mid 60's I purchased an unmolested 1911 .45 from a friends Dad, who bought it back from the war. Paid $45.00. I wanted a .357 so traded it, even up, for a S&W #19. Smith had a retail of around $165. I wasn't into collectables and didn't realize it was a Singer Sewing Machine .45, 1 of 500. Today's value well into 6 figures.
that reminds me - my dad brought a 45 back from ww2 given to him from an officer when he was stationed in Europe. I'll have to look it up. He also brought back a P38 both were in mint condition.

OMG! I would have nightmares for weeks! Love No. 1's just to look at them!
I had a Ruger #1 in 243 caliber back in about 1979. Used the old Lee Loader that used a variety of cups for select loads and you seated the bullet with a hammer. Contrary to what I have heard, that little rifle shot everything well, and it certainly wasn't due to my reloading skills at that time. I
Sorely wish that I had that one back.

Back in the 80's my brother was stationed in the Army in Germany ....traded for me a set of Zeiss Binoculars 8x30 in the case traded a carton of cigarettes and a wool hand knitted sweater that he payed $10 for it in Germany....
Still use those binoculars....finish is worn thin in spots but the glass is still clear....

It's been years but I'm still a bit jealous of a buddy who picked up a Westley Richard's double in 500/465 for $1800 at an estate sale.

I was in and out the shop today kind of watching an auction site I frequent for this one particular item and I missed it by seconds. I'm feeling a little mad at myself, what say you?View attachment 366326
Ouch!
Could have been worse - could have been the 25-06 one (genuine .5 MOA rifle) a mate of mine was forced to sell and I couldn't but because I had a 257 Weatherby (which I will never sell) and here in the UK it is very hard to have 2 hunting rifles in the same calibre...
I still have bad shivers thinking about it.
If anyone has a 7mm RM they don't need - please let me know...

I was in and out the shop today kind of watching an auction site I frequent for this one particular item and I missed it by seconds. I'm feeling a little mad at myself, what say you?View attachment 366326
I've never heard of liveauctioneers.com before. Are they good? I found that rifle on there just now. Even had a Vari-X III 3.5-10 on it. That's worth a little by itself.

That makes me wanna cry😭