kinda long range...

Brent-AR-30-338

well, the other week I had the chance to hunt some private land where you could sit on the front porch and watch the deer feed in from a timber line into the field at just shy of 600 yds. I Told em it was too close...haha.

well one walked out, and I sat behind the Ar-30, 338 lapua, looking threw the horus scope, and held the 1 mil line on the front shoulder half way up as the deer walked left to right... and let a 300 SMK loose... Three people were watching threw binos, as the rifle kinda draws a crowd. At the shot I saw white go upwards, while in recoil... and heard everyone go nuts. I guess it got airborne... shot placement was right at poa, damage was pretty impressive.

I was aiming for 1K for a first kill for the rifle, but I'm glad with that trip.

on a side note, I went out to a buddy's ranch a few months ago, some guy was going to take a pig, and a buffalo at 1K. I watched the pig hunt, ended up at 800 yds. It was a state arms fiffty, and he was using surplus api ammo... omg. The guy's friend took like 20 rounds to hit the **** pig at that range, shoulda handed him my rifle, I did made the offer....
We did spot a crow at about 1k (no rangefinder), and I took a on-the-fly shot at him, went just over his back...lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.