Feedback on Nosler Trophy Grade ABLR 190 Gr. In 300 Win Mag Needed

KillerBee

Hi ALL,

I have been doing a lot of research on Bullets in order to select the right factory load for my new 300 Win Mag.

The factory bullet and ballistics that impress me the most are provided by the Nosler Trophy Grade ABLR 190 Gr. in 300 Win Mag!

Very impressive and has approximately the same velocity and energy of a .338 RUM.

Has anyone here given them a try, if so I would really enjoy hearing your feedback and experience's!

Thanks KB

Last edited:
They are finicky I could never get them to shoot better than MOA the 210 on the other hand shoot great 77grains H1000 WRLM 2890 FPS from 24 inch barrel
Shot an elk at 700 yards this season went about 40 yards dropped dead

I tried them in two different calibers and could not get them to group at all. I do not reload so I could not work up a load for my rifle. The little I have read about them they did not do very well even for those that do reload.

You may want to look at the new Hornady ELD-X ammunition when it is available. There will be a 200 grain 300 win mag bullet that I can't wait to try. There is an article about them in the January Guns & Ammo or you can go to the Hornady website and learn a little about them. I am hoping they group tight for me but if not the Federal 180 Trophy Bonded Tip are sub MOA in my rifle.

I tried them in two different calibers and could not get them to group at all. I do not reload so I could not work up a load for my rifle. The little I have read about them they did not do very well even for those that do reload.

You may want to look at the new Hornady ELD-X ammunition when it is available. There will be a 200 grain 300 win mag bullet that I can't wait to try. There is an article about them in the January Guns & Ammo or you can go to the Hornady website and learn a little about them. I am hoping they group tight for me but if not the Federal 180 Trophy Bonded Tip are sub MOA in my rifle.

Thanks for the insight! They look great on the Nosler site, but it seems like they are not everything they are professed to be!

I do not reload either, just do not shoot enough as I am a hunter not a target shooter. I will check out the ELD-X on the Hornady site. I live in Canada and would be surprised if they are on our shelves anytime in the near future. :eek:(

Like you, I am a hunter and not a shooter. I live 5 miles from a Cabelas and every time I am in there I check to see if they have them. No luck so far. I also check MidwayUSA about once a week to no avail. I wish they wouldn't tell us about these things until they are ready to give us the goods. I'm too old to be like a kid before Christmas.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.