Federal TLR Bullets

tgeavenson

Can anyone share insight or experience on the Federal TLR bullets? I am working up loads for a .300 Weatherby for elk. So far have tested 200 grain Partition and 200 grain ELDX.

Check out simple minded fella on YouTube. He just did a gel test on them. He got 30+ inches of penetration out a 300 prc with good expansion. They seem to work well

I have shot them in 270 win and 300 rum. Accuracy is there, but I haven't hunted with them yet. They are a bonded bullet so they should be fine.

TLR are being discontinued, the ascent bullet is supposed to be pretty much the same thing though

the TLR was coated by a subcontractor and federal was having issues with the coating, it is now coated in-house and called the federal "ascent" bullet

I have not personally measured them but I hear the consistancy in length and weight atent stellar -- with that said, some have shot them out to 5-600 and say they shoot good regardless.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.