375 ELR Bullets

M67

Closing on the end of 338LM barrels useful lifetime, i have, and some friends have, thought "the 375 thought"
"What about a 375..."

This be mostly for far reaching fun, but for one or two of us, also serious hunting. Anyway, question is - bullet options?

Cartridge possibilities are from a 375/338LM, up to 375 CheyTac or so, so bullets 300-400gr, or mor, or less - high BC is the thing. What is out there, and what can be had?

What do people shoot in their 375s, and why, and opinions on it?

K

375 I believe is gonna be the next go to long range caliber. Right now everyone shoots 350gr smk and its kinda a wash with the .338 as far as ballistics. I believe more companies are moving that way slowly like Berger. Cutting edge has high bc .375 along with Hammer. Of those two I'm having Kirby set mine up for the Hammers.

I've been working on my 375 ideas for quite some time. At the moment, I load and shoot a buddy's 375 CheyTac. I am very interested in the Mjolinar, 378Wby with an AI treatment and my own design that is close to those.

My barrel is a 12ts so I'm stuck at 350 or less. Hammer made me a 329grain copper for what every I choose.

Get a 10tw and go big. Mjolinar or CheyTac. Maybe even a 9 or 8twist.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts