Favorite Turkey call

View attachment 439137I'm learning the trumpet.

My goal this year is to take one w it, in the mountains, using a single shot 20ga. " if you're going to set a goal, you might as well make it lofty" haha
Ok Old Cat you have peaked my interest with this trumpet. Can you make any other turkey sounds other than yelps? And is it difficult to get decent turkey sounds out of it? Is it based off of a wingbone call?
I really don't need another call but I haven't seen one of those and definitely interested.
Thanks for any insight.

Ok Old Cat you have peaked my interest with this trumpet. Can you make any other turkey sounds other than yelps? And is it difficult to get decent turkey sounds out of it? Is it based off of a wingbone call?
I really don't need another call but I haven't seen one of those and definitely interested.
Thanks for any insight.
One can make many other sounds than a yelp, but not me. Well, I can cluck. That's it for me. —See the videos below for what is possible. -

I've been working since the end of last season on mine. It takes effort but then again all calls do.

That's right, a modern iteration of the wing bone.

Many would say it's the most realistic when properly played. It has loads of rasp if you want it.

Here is Mark Prudhomme a few weeks ago at Unicoi.

And the man himself Mr. Zach Farmer. I knew his was the sound I wanted so I just practiced and practiced his draw style (He explains it around the 7 min mark). I bet I've watched this video a hundred times, probably more, and the part where he explains the two notes together, twice that.

I hope this helps

I'm in the process of trying to learn to use a mouth call. I travel a lot with my job by my self in the truck for hours . Seemed like a good thing to try and figure out .
I have had very good luck with a power crystal pot call . I'd venture to say I'd only need it

Al Holbert of Enticer Calls makes an excellent aluminum pot call in a corian pot. Plays great wet or dry. You can flip it over and rough up the corian side of the pot for some really sweet soft yelps and clucks. Like having two calls in one! Love the sound of a slate call too, until they get damp.