Favorite Turkey call

Diaphragm, my go to is the Toxic Orange by Woodhaven custom calls. I can do everything with this call, even used it as a squeeling distress call to dispatch two yotes.

Love the slate. To me it is the most authentic sound for soft tree yelps, purrs, and clucks. I have heard some guys who are amazing with a diaphragm, I am just not that talented with them. Slate is tough in the wind, that's when I go to a box if I am just prospecting for gobbles.

It's surprising to me that so many love the slate. Don't get me wrong I like it and it's a favorite of mine and has been around forever (for good reason) but figured most moved on to diaphragm. Like others have mentioned, I have a hard time using diaphragm call's.

I would like to hear what everyone would use if they could only have one. I know, who would only carry one? Situations and weather usually tells me what to use and like most I carry more than one at all times. I picked up a glass pot call made locally a few years ago and it is my new go to and would be my choice. So what's everyone's choice?
Matt van cise or David Halloran calls

Pot calls specifically double sided.
Have one each of copper, brass, natural and synthetic slate
Very close second have 4-5 favorite mouth calls.
For me my mouth calls are my ultra long range locating calls but also my go to for hands free close up no movement seal the deal calls.
Really can not even consider hunting without both.

Pot calls specifically double sided.
Have one each of copper, brass, natural and synthetic slate
Very close second have 4-5 favorite mouth calls.
For me my mouth calls are my ultra long range locating calls but also my go to for hands free close up no movement seal the deal calls.
Really can not even consider hunting without both.
Mouth calls are always my go to. But i do love a pot call.

Mouth call! Takes time to learn how to use but holy-moly you can do a lot with 1 mouth call.

Also, hands are free, no movement when calling, don't have to move back and forth between shotgun/bow and call, less to pack around or loose in the field. Price is another advantage.

2C2953FD-219A-49C9-AB74-280C0CA2FC51.jpeg
I'm learning the trumpet.

My goal this year is to take one w it, in the mountains, using a single shot 20ga. " if you're going to set a goal, you might as well make it lofty" haha