Favorite triggers for Rem 700s

Recently saw a post on here where a trigger tech would fire when the bolt was slammed. I'm curious if this is the issue that has been heard of or if there have been multiple cases that I'm not aware of. I run my diamonds at 14oz on 3 different rifles and have never had an issue.

Last edited:
Ok so how about your positions on single vs two stage?

I prefer a two stage, set at 1,5# weight with a 50:50 1st/2nd stage split. This works particularly well for hunting and PRS/tactical competition where there is s lot of rifle manipulation. For me, first stage take-up offers a margin of safety, and brings focus when entering the second stage for breaking the shot. Because 50% of the 1.5# pull weight is drawn in the first stage, the second stage "wall" can be safely broken with the perception of a crisp/light, .75# break. I use both the Huber Concepts and Timney 2 stage triggers. While the Huber is in a class of its own in terms of feel, I also like the 2 Stage Timney. Both are highly reliable, consistent, and can withstand the heavy use and rigors of hunting and heavy competition. The Huber is claimed to be consistent for 100,000 breaks.

The OP (Hicks), didn't state what weight range when he was looking at when he asked about Favorite trigger for Rem 700, to me this makes a HUGE difference........
for the 1oz to 2 oz trigger pull the Jewell and Bix & andy are my only 2 choices for a benchrest trigger. for pull weights up from there to say 16oz the field gets more broad from tt, to Shilen to Timney, even RifleBasix and Huber.
I couldn't disagree with Greyfox more, would rather find a new sport than shoot a 2-stage in a 700

All my rifles I use jewels,, one question i have, is it just me or does anyone have any trouble with TT getting the bolt release to operate correctly? I have installed a dozen or so and it seems they all have trouble with the bolt release not returning and you have to tweak the bracket and fiddle with it to get it to work, one of my friends just lost a bolt while walking with his rifle, I guess he had it on his shoulder and his hip knocked his bolt loose and it fell out. he retraced his steps and found it luckily.

Have the new Geissele Super 700 en route per a Brownell's Memorial Day sale that was too good to pass up. Can be configured in 2-stage or single stage and it's getting great reviews, so I'm excited to give it a shot.

The OP (Hicks), didn't state what weight range when he was looking at when he asked about Favorite trigger for Rem 700, to me this makes a HUGE difference........
for the 1oz to 2 oz trigger pull the Jewell and Bix & andy are my only 2 choices for a benchrest trigger. for pull weights up from there to say 16oz the field gets more broad from tt, to Shilen to Timney, even RifleBasix and Huber.
I couldn't disagree with Greyfox more, would rather find a new sport than shoot a 2-stage in a 700

Why?

LOL.....I can understand that. My wife tells me she would not drive anymore if she had to use a stick shift.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.