Favorite shotgun

Sorry about your dog… we just lost our yellow lab, and man it's hard. I totally understand why you didn't hunt this past season.

I still have my Winchester 1400 auto with Winchoke (one of the 1st offered), and I just had it refinished a couple of years ago, great memories as my parents gave it to me for Christmas when I was 13 years old. But my favorite for hunting is my Berreta A391 Xtrema 2. It feels great in my hands, and is a dialed in waterfowl shotgun.

Sorry about your dog… we just lost our yellow lab, and man it's hard. I totally understand why you didn't hunt this past season.
Thanks and sorry to hear about your furry family member. Mine is still kicking but unfortunately is unable to hunt because of a gene disorder called EIC. She's perfectly normal until she gets the scent of birds, it's very strange.

I have two. A 1927 humpback model in 12ga, and a 16 gauge from ~1952. Natural pointers. Mine were 4-5x what yours cost.
I don't have a Pic but it's cut down to 18" and all the gluing is gone so it's silver with nice wood. It was on the rack closest to the door. Guy said he'd take $100 because "She's ugly but she shoots" was his statement. I thought she was gorgeous, and told him I had $70, the rest is history 😁

Thanks and sorry to hear about your furry family member. Mine is still kicking but unfortunately is unable to hunt because of a gene disorder called EIC. She's perfectly normal until she gets the scent of birds, it's very strange.
I can't stress enough the importance of doing genetic testing before litters are even bred. EIC is a bad disorder and very easy to prevent from a breeding standpoint.

I can't stress enough the importance of doing genetic testing before litters are even bred. EIC is a bad disorder and very easy to prevent from a breeding standpoint.
Yes I agree 100%. I was totally unaware of EIC until she started showing symptoms. I made the mistake of buying from a backyard breeder this time and paid the price with wasted time, effort to train her. It's heartbreaking because she has the drive and determination but is unable to do it.
I try to inform anyone that wants to listen about EIC! Please buy your hunting dogs from a reputable breeder who test's for it.

Yes I agree 100%. I was totally unaware of EIC until she started showing symptoms. I made the mistake of buying from a backyard breeder this time and paid the price with wasted time, effort to train her. It's heartbreaking because she has the drive and determination but is unable to do it.
I try to inform anyone that wants to listen about EIC! Please buy your hunting dogs from a reputable breeder who test's for it.
While I don't have a hunting dog, that isn't something I'd ever heard of. Something to ask about for when we do get another dog, thank you for the info!!

Absolutely. The hardest thing to explain to people is Carrier vs Affected. I won't ever breed one of my carriers to another carrier.

I've got a Guerini Magnus for sporting clays and a "B" Rizzini for a trap gun, but in the last few years I taken to use one of my model 21 Winchesters in 12 or 20 ga for the field. I know you aren't even supposed to see the end of the barrel but when looking over those SxS barrels it's sort of like looking over the hood of a 1950 Buick and they are hard to ignore. I'm finally getting to the point I don't see them anymore. I think, as I get older, I'm becoming more of a traditionalist. I have several 21's a couple of Win model 23's and an SKB SxS. I really like shotguns!

Yeah...but she's still the best girl, right?