Favorite Hunting clothing brand advice!!!

Unionsparky46

Hello again all!

I figured I would post again for advice. My backpack questions were fully answered and greatly appreciated!!!! Got to look at Seek, Glaicer, kuiu and mystery ranch. Heading to Boise in April to EXO so I can check them out and will be back with my decision.

Anyway, back on topic,…. Sorry saw a squirrel,…. Down 35lbs thus far and counting. Looking to donate my rivers west stuff to a needy person soon and re-gear up my hunting items. Bought a set of Sitka traverse on sale, like them a lot! Haven't had much experience with their more insulated clothing. Bought a first lite sweatshirt to try out and see how I like it as well. Buddies rave over kuiu.

What say all of you? Looking for solid real life experience with Sitka, Kuiu and First Lite. I will be mainly day hiking the hills of North Eastern Wa and Western Montana this fall. I plan on taking October 12 to November 12 off to reboot myself and finally enjoy the fruits of my labor! Once again, don't really care about the cost. Looking for warm, wind proof and reliable gear. My rivers west stuff isn't the greatest. I like my under armour pants better but they are friggin noisy! Thanks again community and look forward to the feedback!!!!

PS - Crispi boots are the S#!T! Like tennis shoes that climb rocks! Even for a 275lb 13 EE guy!!!!

I've got Sitka, Kuiu and King's in my hunting duffle. All great brands and you can't go wrong with any of them, but I don't know of anything that beats King's Camo XKG for performance-to-price ratio. I picked up about a dozen pieces of King's XKG gear for a MT elk hunt this fall and it performed beyond my expectations.

When i started deer hunting in 1947, the most popular hunting outfit was made by Woolrich in a small N C PA town called Woolrich.
When it rained it got heavy, but it still kept me warm.
By the time i was 40 my Woolrich outfit had shrunk so much it no longer fit me.
So i bought an Eddie Bauer goose down set of bib overall pants and a parka.
They were much nicer to wear as for weight, but not warm when wet.
I later bought a pair of Woolrich wool bibs, and on cold days still use the down parka.
Over a very good pair of military insulated long johns.
But i also found that its actually best for me is to stay in Florida all year long.

IME from Sitka, it has fit the "smallest" for me. Tight across the back and shoulders and long in arms and torso, slightly tight for my liking. Hard to put enough warming layers under it. I do like the Mountain Pants though. The Traverse hoody is comfortable and used for 90% of my hunting temps. It fits well for my roundness🤣

I have a few pieces of older First Lite as well and it seems to fit a little more less athletic to me🤣

Kuiu for me as well. I really love the pants! Attack pants are a perfect fit for me, and the Tiburon air dot pants are voodoo in the blazing hot archery season. Shirts and jackets are very good but no better than sitka or firstlite. I believe they went out of buisness but I still love my Core4Element merino wool shirts and switchback pants. I will add I only buy from Kuiu when they have a decent sale. Best of luck, Jason

I have some Sitka, kuiu, and first lite. I'm not real concerned if things match. What works for me is the Sitka mountain and timberline pants. Use the first lite merino wool in different weights to layer with. Always carry a kuiu puffy in my pack along with a rain jacket. I'm usually on the move except when stopping to glass. One thing I will mention is that most of these clothes seem to run a little small. Good luck.

Colder weather I still like Filson wool pants at times. Like Kryptek pants also as they can fit 36" inseams well. Fjallraven pants are a summer hiking favorite again due to length.

My experiences with Sitka is they all seem made for shorter people and the sizes have run small.

Recent Posts