Fastest Factory 6mm/.243 cal Options?

Any particular reason for not wanting to wildcat or reload? That opens way more options. Who knows, maybe we will see a 6mm PRC at SHOT show?

For this particular setup I just want a rifle that I can grab and go and not have to worry about if I have any loads worked up. As for the fast part...I figure why not get the most velocity possible... Can you ever have too much!

I had been looking at the 6mm Creedmoor and that's what I'll probably end up going with. I just wish it had more speed. I really wish the 240 weatherby had more ammo options and less expensive. Oh well, can't have it all.

As for the Lazzeroni Spitfire....I thought weatherby ammo was expensive. The Lazzeroni cases must be gold plated brass.

It's not even close to $11 a round.

Besides he said fast and factory, not whatever he can buy on sale at Walmart.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.
You are going to have to show us where you buy the factory ammo. This is the only place I can find it for sale:
http://www.ammo-one.com/LazzeroniSpitfire.html

they dont even have it listed for sale in their website.

If you ever decide to go wildcat try the 6mm mach IV. I have 3 of them. The brass is formed from 264 win very easy and they are very accurate when fire forming. They will push a 70 grain bullet at 4400 but I never done it. I use Vmax bullets to fire form for varmint then use that brass for long range target. I'm going to try the new atip 110 grainers as soon as I can get them. Should push them around 3700 fps or more. This is not a plinker caliber but a hell of a varmint one.

My buddy had a 240 Wby. a while back. Yep cases were around $2 each. He was loading for deer hunting and nothing but the Nosler Partition would work well for shots under 200 yards. Cup and core bullets blew up on contact and did not penetrate all that well and made a mess at impact point. Did not take him long to let it go home with someone else at a gun show. I guess with the bonded bullets we have today it would do much better. As a varmint round yes I guess it would vaporize them but if I was a betting man I would bet that barrel life of a 243 Win would be twice of more than the 240 WBY. I killed many ground hogs with a Rem. varmint 243 Win back in the day before we started getting coyotes in my area that have now eaten all the ground hogs. Now I go after them.

If your looking for strait speed and factory ammo that isnt ridiculously priced or hard to get superformance 243 is probably your best bet. A 58 grain vmax going 3950 is screaming for factory ammo. Winchester has a 55 grain at 3910 as well so youd have some options for light and fast and tons of options for heavier and slower.

What is is the fastest factory produced cartridge/ammo out there for 6mm/.243? 240 Weatherby? I want a fast 6mm, but don't want a wildcat or have to reload for it.

If it is indeed the 240 Weatherby, what is the longevity of that cartridge? Everywhere I look the ammo seems to be out of stock. Not to mention the sticker price!
26 Nosler

For this particular setup I just want a rifle that I can grab and go and not have to worry about if I have any loads worked up. As for the fast part...I figure why not get the most velocity possible... Can you ever have too much!

I had been looking at the 6mm Creedmoor and that's what I'll probably end up going with. I just wish it had more speed. I really wish the 240 weatherby had more ammo options and less expensive. Oh well, can't have it all.

As for the Lazzeroni Spitfire....I thought weatherby ammo was expensive. The Lazzeroni cases must be gold plated brass.
Your statement begs the question, which velocity? Muzzle or POI? Depends upon what you would like to accomplish with your grab and go rifle. There appears to be, at this time, an abundance of high BC factory ammo available for the 6MM Creedmoor: depending on your chosen rifle barrel's twist rate. Good luck

/