Fastest Factory 6mm/.243 cal Options?

wapitiaddict

What is is the fastest factory produced cartridge/ammo out there for 6mm/.243? 240 Weatherby? I want a fast 6mm, but don't want a wildcat or have to reload for it.

If it is indeed the 240 Weatherby, what is the longevity of that cartridge? Everywhere I look the ammo seems to be out of stock. Not to mention the sticker price!

Looked a little bit-in terms of availability it's the .243 Winchester. 6mm Creedmoor is loaded by Nosler, but how available is it? The 6mm Remington is on it's last legs commercially.

Another way to approach it by getting together with one of the custom loaders.

Curious to see how this plays out.

I think 240 Weatherby is the fastest 6mm with factory ammunition. 243 WSSM May be next in line but I haven't looked into the ballistics. You're right though, I'm not seeing ammo in stock, nor would I want to pay $60 or more per box. 243 WSSM ammo is more along the lines of $25-30/box.

Any particular reason for not wanting to wildcat or reload? That opens way more options. Who knows, maybe we will see a 6mm PRC at SHOT show?

I think 240 Weatherby is the fastest 6mm with factory ammunition. 243 WSSM May be next in line but I haven't looked into the ballistics. You're right though, I'm not seeing ammo in stock, nor would I want to pay $60 or more per box. 243 WSSM ammo is more along the lines of $25-30/box.

Any particular reason for not wanting to wildcat or reload? That opens way more options. Who knows, maybe we will see a 6mm PRC at SHOT show?
I am not seeing any 243 wssm in stock!

^^^ Spot on. I'm not advocating for the WSSM at all, just putting it out there as one of the faster commercially available 6mm options. My 6 creed is plenty fast for what I like to do and factory options are getting more plentiful.

I am not even sure the wssm is much faster than the 243 win is it? It was created to match 243 win ballistics in an AR platform - or am I crazy?

Recent Posts