F N model 70

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
Can any one tune a FN model 70 winchester trigger? If so how long will it take. I have looked for an after market one with no luck. I understand they can be adjusted only a little and only to about 3lb. My customer wants it down to about 2. Thanks Dan

Yes it can. I had mine taken down to 1 3/4 lbs. I don't know how my smith did it. I can tell you that you can get a replacement spring for it that is supposed to bring it down to 2.5lbs.

The site is Trigger Springs|Trigger Pull|Pillar Bedding|Rifle Accuracy

He even puts full illustrated pictures on how to do the job.

The only thing I will say is that the geometry of the trigger sucks. So while you can make it creep free it still has issues in my book. If you move your finger along the trigger it will change the pull significantly. My smith guaged it in the middle at 2 1/4 and 1 3/4 at the tip.

Long story short I'm hoping Timney will make one. I called them and they told me if enough people call in requesting one that they will make it. So give them a call.

Good luck

Tom

Those are for the classics pre 2007. As far as I know there aren't any aftermarket triggers available for the FN produced, 2008 to present, Winchester M70.

I really hope Timney or Jewell will make one.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.