Winchester Model 70

etisll40

Looking for a gunsmith to rebuild a Winchester Model 70 7WSM.

I see several 2002 Winchester Model 70 7WSM's on Gunbroker and I was thinking about buying one and having the barrel and stock changed out and some trigger work done. I probably would want a Broughton barrel as I have one on my 7stw and it's great.

Are the 2002 Model 70's "controlled round push feed?"

It has a blind magazine, the one I'm looking at. It's one of the Shadow types sold by Walmart at that time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

It sounds like your talking about the Winchester model 70 Super Shadow. It is a controlled round push feed. The bottom of the bolt face is cut open for controlled round feeding from underneath like the pre-64's but utilizes the same push feed extractor as the post 64's. This was Winchesters Wal-Mart package special that typically sold for under $400. They were great for tearing down and using the action as a platform for a custom rifle. Blueprint the action and bolt, install anew barrel and a good aftermarket stock and it will would make a fine custom rifle. The factory triggers weren't all that bad once tweaked but a good aftermarket one is hard to beat. I've built several off of these actions. I'd be glad to discuss a possible build with you. Hit me up on a PM or e-mail if you have any questions.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.