Ever been deciding on a new gun and end up picking up a new bow instead?

I have stalked within 50 yards of a lope that "knew he was being hunted",use the terrain and the wind,if they are in a spot that wont allow it WAIT,you dont have to sit on a ridge 1000 yards away to kill a spooked buck.There is a difference between shooters and hunters,if you dont want to admit it theres probably a reason why.

One other thing, I don't need a lecture from you on stalking speed goats. I've done it plenty. If you've spent much time antelope hunting you darn well know that in some circumstances you will never get near a goat. There is no using terrain when there is no terrain to use or you are limited by boundaries. In cases like that it's nice to be able to make the long shot. The first buck goat I ever shot I snuck up to within 15 yds using terrain. But there's been plenty others that where way out on a flat that would have seen you half a mile away or more.

Just because someone does the long range thing does not mean they are not a hunter.

I just hung up my bow a short bit ago tonight. Last shot 80 yrds in a 4 3/4 '' butter lid, now thats long range:D. Im sure lots on this site do both, most of my buds that I grew up with do. I have taken half my game with a bow, but it takes alot for the long shot to all come together also, Im more of a hike then set up type,but animals dont always cooperate. I like all the chances to hunt

No, not a moderator, just a member who likes to talk about long range hunting and shooting in the long range hunting and shooting forum. Is that really hard to understand? if you want to talk about bows, go to the bow forum. I like bow hunting and the reason I also like long range hunting is because of the challange of it plus I think making long shots is pretty cool. I have several friends who like both long range hunting and bow hunting... so to make the general statement, "Most switch to LR because they dont want to stalk,they want to sit and shoot" is just plain BS. Most guys I know didn't switch, they do both.

I don't care what you use either if you go back and read me my posts. Just talk about it in the appropriate forums. Ya get it?
Didnt get anything from you but a poor attitude and a wanna b moderator issue,get it? gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.