er shaw barrels

I have a shaw 6.5-06 AI rifle, 240wby,300wby,257 wby,223AI. all rebarreled to E.R.Shaw. shoot great 1/2 moa or better if I do my part except 257 still breaking it in. still working up loads. have very good luck with them. about a 6 month wait on rebarreling. embork

Have had several E.R. Shaw barrels and all have been good. Currently shoot one in 6.5x55 and it is a very accurate barrel.

morning, have 1 on a 257STW, finished to 28.5". very time consuming finding a

load this caliber liked. can hit a bug in a hole. 110gr accu-bond 80grs of ramshot

Mag. 215's and necked down 7mmSTW brass. it is said that this round will shot

shoot flat to 500yrs? 350yds on Okla. crows the barrel is a #4 contour. depending on

the caliber build I would go with a 5 or 5.5 contour. ur choice. good luck!!!

I had a Shaw and it shot (ok). I have built many custom rifles over the years and currently own 4. I have found that you get what you pay for, and for the difference in price between a Shaw, vs say a Krieger, it makes no sense to me to not buy the Krieger when you consider you are saving very little of the overall cost. Also, the chance of getting a good shooting rifle is much higher IMO........Rich

morning, elkaholic is totally correct. the quality of the barrel and smithy doing the

machine and chambering work on the barrel installation is the secret. the technique

used to put in the lands and groves, the finishing of the rifling, contour of the barrel r

major factors on the accuracy of the weapon. I have used shilen, douglas, shaw and

bartlein barrels I have been very fortunate, all have been good shooters. some have

been a bear in certain calibers to get to shoot. but is what we as reloaders enjoy.

find that magic formula. LRH has contributors, sponsors and thousands

of reloaders and shooters, vast amounts of knowledge to tap into.

JUST HIT THE SEACH MODE

THE MAGIC WILL BEGAIN.

morning, elkaholic is totally correct. the quality of the barrel and smithy doing the

machine and chambering work on the barrel installation is the secret. the technique

used to put in the lands and groves, the finishing of the rifling, contour of the barrel r

major factors on the accuracy of the weapon. I have used shilen, douglas, shaw and

bartlein barrels I have been very fortunate, all have been good shooters. some have

been a bear in certain calibers to get to shoot. but is what we as reloaders enjoy.

find that magic formula. LRH has contributors, sponsors and thousands

of reloaders and shooters, vast amounts of knowledge to tap into.

JUST HIT THE SEACH MODE

THE MAGIC WILL ---------- BEGIN.

Fixed it for ya.......:D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.