ER Shaw Barrels

the barrels them selves aren't bad , I'd say a step above a factory hammer forged barrel on par with the Adams and Bennet barrels maybe a bit less than a Douglas , I have seen several guns with both Shaw and Adams&Bennet barrels shoot realy well sub 3/4" consistantly , then don't clean up as fast as a the Douglas barrels I'be been in contact with.
If your looking for a short to mid range minut of deer gun then they will most likely work well for you. But if your looking for fin accuracy for precision long range shooting then I would recomend another top end tube.

the problem you might find is getting a smith to use one to build your gun. I'm by no strech of the imagination a known builder but I will guarntee any gun I build to shhot great so I use only great componets. I woulden't risk a poor shooting gun and unhappy customer on a cheap barrel

I wass gonna order one for a savage and fit it up myself. I have got a hankering for a 260. Thinking about making it a 20 in for a truck gun. Gonna do it on the heaviest contour they have. Never fitted one before but I think I can.

As has been said.. the shaw barrels are tougher to clean, but tend to shoot pretty well. ive got 3 on the desk at the moment. 1 is moa, and the other 2 are just over half moa.
If youve got a vise, I might be willing to loan you the barrel blocks, and my wrench... if this is just going to be a straight conversion... and not a switch back and forth rifle.
I may have another cheaper option on a factory 260 bull barrel if you can wait a day or 2...

I can wait. I have pretty good luck from the savage factory barrels. How much do you want for it? How long is it? Did you shoot it any before hand? I think I will put it in a hogue overmolded stock with the full length block?

how does a .260 Rem Barrel (1/8 Twist)
Savage 12 Series Factory 24" Matte Blue Varmint Barrel
sound?
$135 plus shipping

845-679-4867 is the customer service #. Give them a call and verify that these are small shank barrels before ordering.
Small shank barrels measure 1.055" across the barrel tenon and large are 1.115"
Their toll free order line is 866-686-7424

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.