Entry level suppressor ready rifles?

Hoss50

I will need to buy a rifle for my younger son in the next year or so. What are the best options for an entry level rifle that is suppressor ready/threaded? My older son has a Ruger American Predator. We chose this for him because he shoots southpaw. We like it, but I just want to see what else is out there that people like. We also want to keep it somewhat light because he is young.

What are you using/liking? Thinking $800ish or cheaper is what I want to start with for him.

For the cheapest option that won't quit, Americans are great. Tikkas are dandy too. Better feel to the rifle, but if you like the American you already own, save the money and buy a better scope or a chassis for the American.

I'm not sure what "entry level rifle" means. There's no point on buying stuff that won't be suitable in the long term.

I'd have to suggest the Tikka T3x which will most likely serve him well for the rest of his life.
I don't plan to buy a 9yr old a $1500+ dollar rifle to start. I am probably open to anything under about $1000 to start if it is the right thing.

I don't mind the ruger american but the stocks are not awesome. It shoots well though. I have also been kicking around the CZ600 Alpha.

Any other sleepers?

The Sauer 100 may be of interest to you, they come in several different models. The rifles I have seen here in NZ are threaded but I don't know what is available in the States.

The Sauer 100 may be of interest to you, they come in several different models. The rifles I have seen here in NZ are threaded but I don't know what is available in the States.
They are hard to find. I finally saw 1 in person used the other day. It was a nicer model in 6.5prc and had threads. I don't know that the base models do.

Have you shot them? Are they shooters?

You have not shared enough about what you are looking for. I built my 9 yr old son a braked 6.5 Grendel. It was originally a braced pistol until the the ATF fiasco, I put a heavier 16" pinned brake barrel on it. Shot with a suppressor. For anything within 200 yards it's totally sufficient with negligible recoil.

Hoss50
Hope that you and your family are doing well and in good health.
Do not fully understand what you mean by an "Entry Level Suppressor Threaded Rifle".
There is none. Just get a rifle for the young man and let him shoot. Doesn't depend on a suppressor.
It would be better that you purchase a premium or "Good" rifle that is already or not threaded. A local GS can thread for about $75 for a suppressor.
My suggestion is figure out what game your son plans to hunt. There is no Entry l-1 2--3 . Just get him good caliber for when/what he wants tom shoot and purchase it. shoot in the future nice rifle. have seen rifles bought for a 12 year old and the had it the rest of their lives and taken many animals.
The old saying "Buy Once "Cry Once" works for you children also. If some firearm doesn't work they may grow into it or get another firearm.
Young men in their late teens can handle any firearm.
If they were brought up with firearms all their other firearms compared to a new rifle, it won't matter. The young men will love anything.
We would love to take you son shooting with some of our hunting rifles and then advance to 1,000yd wait some of our their rifles.

My younger son will be 10 in about a year which is the minimum age to hunt in AZ. With my first son I started him with a Ruger American Predator in 7mm-08. I like the first rifle to be an all around rifle that can be a do deer and elk hunting.

Part of the reason for the Ruger American for my older son was he is a left hand shooter so that limits options for him. My younger son here shoots right so it opens up options which is what I am looking for.

I am looking for something probably sub $1000 to start with. So I am looking for something that is a good first rifle that I would prefer to be suppressor ready since I am going to try and make sure they use the suppressor when they can.

I want something good, but a 10yr old doesn't need a Christiansen Carbon whiz bang super mag.

They are hard to find. I finally saw 1 in person used the other day. It was a nicer model in 6.5prc and had threads. I don't know that the base models do.

Have you shot them? Are they shooters?
It appears that the Ceratech model is threaded.

Although I have handled a few 100s I haven't shot one. My wife and I own three Sauer 202 rifles which have a similar action but have interchangeable barrels. We have a 223, 22-250 and a 25-06 and all three are very accurate.

@Jon Bischof has started a couple of threads on here regarding the Sauer 100 and from memory his are incredibly accurate.

Recent Posts