Browning Level Action Rifles

Frankie_2_Times

Anyone have any experience with the Browning lever action rifles. I see that is comes in a 300 WIN MAG. Thought this might make a quick handling rifle. Any issues with performance? How's the accuracy? I don't really consider this a long range weapon, but thought you guys might have some incite.

Here's my insight, buy a bolt action. I have a lever action Browning, and it is not very accurate. Not to my standards anyway. I have wounded several deer with mine, and I blame it on the lack of accuracy. I kill good with all my other guns, I quit using my BLR. It is disappointing.
I thought it would be great at first, but have grown to dislike it. It is a 7MM.

My father in law has a 30-06 BLR , it'll hold around 1.5moa from the bench , not bad considering it has a 12 lb trigger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif , I got my best results by pulling the trigger and letting the hammer just slide out from under my thumb.
But he has killed plenty of deer with it , it has since been retired for a 270 Encore that I tweeked for him.

I never got off into the BLR but would like to just to see what makes the trigger so bad and maybe fix it.
And it kicks kinda hard to , I guess it the stock desgine cause that rascle ain't light

I used to sight in guns about 15 years ago when I worked for Bass Pro Shops. I HATED BLR's because of the HORRIBLE trigger pull. If I remember, accuracy was usually 1.5-2" average at 100 yds with factory ammo in different calibers. I haven't tried one lately, but it sounds like they haven't improved the trigger pull yet. Something about the trigger staying with the lever assembly when you lever it down just doesn't sound good for the trigger pull to me.

I had a 243 BLR for many years. It shot sub MOA to 200 yards with 42 gr IMR 4350 behind a 95 gr NP consistently. I took several deer with it too. I don't remember the trigger being bad on it. I guess I had a peach.

I had a 243 BLR for many years. It shot sub MOA to 200 yards with 42 gr IMR 4350 behind a 95 gr NP consistently. I took several deer with it too. I don't remember the trigger being bad on it. I guess I had a peach.
I also have a 243 BLR. Nothing to complain about. May be it's too danger pretty and I'd like a 10 round mag...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.