doesn't anyone here like browning rifles??

Thanks for chiming in guys, I love the 2 A-bolts I have too. If Browning would just allow a little more customizing of their designs, and keeps the fit and finish as my Eclipse-1000 A bolt, they would be the leader in the marketplace. I like the 60 degree bolt throw too. Sako seems to be the real upgrade from Browning, but they too aren't as customizeable as Rem's or Savages. I read about Sako's new 3 barrel gun, 308, 300wm and 338 Lapua and they now have it that gun dual oversizrd ejectors! The gun is only offered to military currently but they are considering a retail version. That extraction system may be the taking accuracy and Mauser extraction prowess and 1 upping it. Another interesting quality firearms, the Sako's.

Again, lack of customizability! Rem 700 gets all they attention from aftermarket parts makers and gunsmith's?

I'm still keeping my Abolts.

Thanks for those chiming in, the Timney spring upgrade seems interesting, I'm going to check it out.

If I had more time, I'd design a trigger and barrel nut system and a few aftermarket parts for Browning and Savages. Both companies make shooters. We can only hope more aftermarket parts become available in the rifle market in general. There's a shortage of Gunsmiths out there, sometimes you have to do it yourself. The AR market is booming and they aren't that hard to put together as there's no shortage of parts.

I love my two A-bolts, One A-bolt medallion 270, the other a A-bolt varmint 22-250 heavy barrel boss. I own a lot of bolt actions mostly remington, Winchester, Weatherby and they all have their places, cant really say I've any bad experiences with any and I shoot at least two or so every week somewhere.

I have the A-bolt in 300 win mag. stainless slalker and love the gun. I also have a 270 wsm in the x-bolt. I wouldn't trade my 300 Abolt for any other gun in my 15 rifle collection. Fit, feel, accuracy, and comfort can't be beat with it. I think the abolt is a much nicer gun than the xbolt. Just my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.