Eleanor Defends Her Title in Mile Match

WOW!! That is excellent shooting! Very impressive, at both 1,000 and 1,760!

I was curious about your butt plate on Eleanor, is it adjustable vertically? If so, who makes it?

Where did the roof go?? Shot the IBS 1K nats there in 2008 and there was a roof over the benches and the cleaning area.

I was also there for the 2008 IBS Nationals. In fact, that's when I shot the 3.806" group at the Mile with this same rifle. There was a severe storm go through that area last year, and it took the canopy right off the ground. Tom never got around to replacing it as there were some insurance problems...

WOW!! That is excellent shooting! Very impressive, at both 1,000 and 1,760!

I was curious about your butt plate on Eleanor, is it adjustable vertically? If so, who makes it?

The recoil pad system is only adjustable for length of pull. It's the standard McMillan system.

MOM~ They .408 case is a wonderful platform for a wildcat type cartridge. There are many custom rifle builders on this forum that can build such a rifle. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information on my build. 717.805.0940 EST.
Or PM me here with your contact information.

Some of the shooters had a difficult time getting all 5 shots on paper due to the unpleasant conditions we had.

My son also asked me why I didn't hit the center of the target:rolleyes:

My last sighter shot was in close proximity to the center of the 17" sighter gong. From there, I made a small correction, then went on the record target. Between the time it took me to make that correction, and shoot the first record shot, the conditions changed slightly, which shifted my group to the left of center. Fortunately, the condition was somwhat constant for all five shots.

Joel,

Very fine shooting! It says a lot about ones abilities to repeat anytime and even more so under tough situations. I know the other participants were not amateurs. Thanks for sharing with us. God Bless

Joel,
great job, fine shooting for an eastern boy, nice rifle but I'm not quit sure about that stock, I thought you were going to change that horiffic looking thing, I know a guy that build a killer laminate stock, let me know and I can give you his info.
good job Andre

Glad to see the old girl served you well.

5 consecutive shots on paper at 1 mile is a hell of a feat and unless you've tried shooting at such ranges you can't truly appreciate the accomplishment.

Congrats to you and your buddy as well.

Joel with your outstanding shooting skills at such a long distance, have you ever been out shot at that long range?
mom

The answer is yes! I have been beat more times that I have won. I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to in the past, so my skills are not as sharp as they once were. The past few years I've spent time with my two sons that are extremely active in sports year round. I'll shoot a match when it does not conflict with their games/practices. A good shooting rifle and some luck always helps.:)

At this point in my life, family time together trumps all else.

I took a picture of my second target of the day. I had a good thing going, but got caught in a small change in condition that killed my otherwise good group. Conditions will kill you every time.

miletarget2.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Hey Joel awesome shooting, I will give you a call one of these days its been quite awhile since we talked.Thanks Ralph

thats beyond good joel, congratulations. so have you decided if eleanor will be going bear hunting this year? :)

Ernie~
I had her packed and ready to go on the hunt, then decided to leave her home because there were other "capable" rifles on the mountain. I know better than to trust my "friends".:D It's my own fault, and I accept total responsibility for the dumb mistakes of others. :rolleyes: You know what I'm talking about...

Got him on the trail camera fours weeks after the season.

Attachments

• bear1 2011.jpg
    bear1 2011.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 19
Ernie~
I had her packed and ready to go on the hunt, then decided to leave her home because there were other "capable" rifles on the mountain. I know better than to trust my "friends".:D It's my own fault, and I accept total responsibility for the dumb mistakes of others. :rolleyes: You know what I'm talking about...

Got him on the trail camera fours weeks after the season.

yes i know joel.
he did seem bothered by it and probably more than shows.
he brought it up without my asking. i can only imagine the aftermath there
having been involved in a few.
weve changed our policy on bear. the shooter gets one shot. after that all hell breaks loose.
better to fight over who got it than why we didnt.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.