Ejector probs

BRrooster

I have a Rem SPS stainless in 7mm08 and have a problem with the ejector.
It gets jammed up with brass shavings and sticks in the down position in the bolt. Its not a major problem to fix it up , just hold/push the button deeper and blow the area clean, but someday.......I might just blow the chance at
the BIG WT because of it. Any suggestions on what I can look for to fix it
permanently?
cheers
bruce

I dont think that I am using too hot of loads. My current load is 41.5g of Imr 4064 behind a 139 Hornady SST. The primers still look good, not flattened, no
cratering or gas leaks. Some lite smoking on the case neck. No sticky chambering probs.
Just small brass chips, evident on the bolt face.

Just thinking this thru a bit. Could the bolt not be concentric to the chamber? I could see my problem happening when the bolt pushes the cartridge into the chamber and finally closes over the head of the cartridge, not being 100% lined up, it shaves off a little brass. I might try marking around the head of the cartridge with a felt pen and chambering it to see if I can find where the chips are coming from.
Has anybody heard or experienced this sort of bolt/chamber problem?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.