Ejector stuck

johnnyk

I have a Savage 112 that has a broken ejector. I bought a new one/w spring to replace it but after I removed the holding pin...nothing. It's stuck and will not come out, I've put Kroil on it, banged on it, tried to pick it out and even tried the "strong earth magnet" thingy. Still in there. Does this mean it's got to be drilled out? if so, is it something I can do? How deep should I go?

I have a Savage 112 that has a broken ejector. I bought a new one/w spring to replace it but after I removed the holding pin...nothing. It's stuck and will not come out, I've put Kroil on it, banged on it, tried to pick it out and even tried the "strong earth magnet" thingy. Still in there. Does this mean it's got to be drilled out? if so, is it something I can do? How deep should I go?
This is worth a try. This was a scrap piece of 3/4" pvc electrical conduit. The conduit is slightly "squashed" and a hole is drilled to fit the savage bolt head. The squash must be maintained to slide the "keeper" (in this case a heavy plastic cable tie). Several swift blows against a hardwood block loosed stuck ejector for me in two ocasions.
It didn't cost me anything as I had scraps.
It may work in your case. Otherwise a new bolt head may be in order. There also may be that possibility of drilling, remember they are hardened that's why I tried inertia first.
Good luck,
Randy

Attachments

• Ejector removal tool1.jpg
    Ejector removal tool1.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Ejector removal tool2.jpg
    Ejector removal tool2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
There's a small sliver of brass, either from the case or Primer, lodged between or behind the ejector pin. Take a small punch and press the plunger in as far as possible. While it's depressed, spray WD-40, or something like it with a nozzle, into the area around the pin to try and blow out the silver. Compressed air will sometimes work also

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.