700 ejector problems

alaska

Just installed a brownells mag sako extractor and now the brass won't eject. I installed a wolff ejector powerspring but still did not fix the ejection problem less than 30 rounds thru this rifle cleaned and oiled the ejector hole everthing looks fine. Puzzled in Alaska!

Did you solder a bushing with it. checkout kevin cram video on you tube. this might be or fix your issue.

He is the owner of Mountor custom rifles.

Just installed a brownells mag sako extractor and now the brass won't eject. I installed a wolff ejector powerspring but still did not fix the ejection problem less than 30 rounds thru this rifle cleaned and oiled the ejector hole everthing looks fine. Puzzled in Alaska!

we have been dealing with that for a time, we sent the bolt to Kevin(montour custom rifles) by the way fast and excellent work, he installed a bushing in the bolt to get the appropiate dimensions, then we installed a wolff spring and got the things much better, check that lil plunger seems to bent a lil and does not give the appropiate tension to de extractor.
now the rifle ejects the spent cases ok but seems to eject them downwards, cause the relation extractor-ejector.
There are a lot of opinions about the matter but I like better the original Remy
extractor.

If pushing the case out with a cleaning rod is tougher than it should be polish out the chamber with a fine emory flapper wheel. Doesn't take much of a rough spot to stick
cases.

The new sako extractor changed the angle the ejector was throwing the brass out causing it hit the scope adjustment turrent

just twisted the scope and she is kicking them out now !

Thanks for the replys.

Back to normal in Alaska!

Last edited:
Did you have problems with the factory 700 extractor? What was the reason for changing it? Instead of turning the scope you can tune the extractor and ejector to stop it from hitting the turret. Boe

Not extractor its the ejector the sako extractor is installed at a different angle on the bolt which causes the brass to eject high to cure it dual ejector or plunger is required which will lower the angle to clear the scope adjustment. Sent the bolt to Christinsen Arms for installation

Last edited:
Yes, I know the extractor is installed at a different angle. But if you make a 45 degree cut on the corner of the extractor it will change the angle that the spent brass is launched from the port. On some of them you can use more spring tension on the ejector and that will cure the problem. I have fixed many sako extractor problems that have come from other Custom Rifle Shops. I have never had the need to install dual ejectors. Dual extractors in a factory chamber will just add another problem. Boe
RICHARD HILTS
HILTS CUSTOM RIFLES

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.