Ejector marks

This was the first shot in unfired Peterson brass, it was a stout load but everything held up other than the ejector mark. Seems that if it was really that over-pressured the extractor should show up at some point also? Might be be a sharp edge on the ejector hole, or the ejector/ejector spring is slightly too long or something mundane like that.

I asked CF barrel because in theory they can pressure up faster, I was warned (again) by the smith on my first 300 RUM CF barrel to work back up. It's almost like he knows me or something :cool: Mine did fine though, one factory round then went right back the original load workup plan.

IMG_4123.jpg

I dont get ejector marks unless I'm nearing over pressure, look at your headspace (bump) and if the ejector is proud of the boltface.
Take the ejector out and see if you have other signs of pressure
I should probably clarify my statement a little more, I meant ejector swipes.
I still would check the ejector if it has a ridge around the edge it very well could be that it doesn't take much.

I ran into this issue with Norma brass.The brass was soft at the case head.Winchester and Remington brass never gave me any issues and the primer pockets were always tight.I had to reduce my load about two grains to save my primer pockets on the Norma brass.

I was fretting over ejector marks with a Defiance Anti-X and virgin Peterson brass as well. I attributed the marks to pressure signs related to the Peterson brass thickness and capacity. I pay more attention to primer flattening and bolt lift resistance. My Peterson brass definitely needs reduced loads.