Ejector marks

What is done when the firing pin hole is bushed, and what does it correct? ("Bushed" is a new term to me.)
On many bolts the firing pin is sloppy, you can see in the OP the effects of that. The process is to install a bushing and precision drill it to the center of the bolt then turn the firing pin to fit properly. All Remington's need it.

How did you get 0.027" excess headspace? Cases or chamber?
The brass flows into the ejector hole. You would get ejector wipe with or without the ejector.
The rifle was headspaced incorrectly by the gunsmith. I brought it back to him, and he said he knew exactly what happened. From what I remember, he said he was trying to figure out why he had an extra recoil lug for a 700 Remington, or a recoil lug that was unidentified; in any event, the recoil lug installed was not the one for my rifle, and he had the correct one, knew exactly where it was, installed it and everything worked out well after that. If you look closely, you can see the ejector hole circles, but there was really not high pressure, and the results in the picture are entirely due the brass accelerating toward the bolt face for .027". On second thought, you are probably correct in that the ejector marks probably would have been the same with ejector installed.

A headspace issue can definitely expose itself as something that looks like over-pressure... check out the attached photo. The backstory is this... I was watching a guy set up a 6PPC benchrest rifle. He'd fire a shot, then have to beat his bolt open with a hammer. I saw him shoot twice and stopped the mayhem to see what he was doing. The first guess was that he was shooting the wrong powder, but his load was very typical for a PPC. Further investigation uncovered that he had messed up his resizing die and was pushing the shoulder back about .045-,050". With the bullets seated out to touch the lands, it was functionally headspacing off the bullet ogive -- enough resistance to the case movement that the primers would ignite. But the physical result is that the shoulder blows forward, then seals the chamber, and the case stretches back at the web until the case head runs against the bolt. Case heads were about 60% separated :-]. We fixed his die, same load shot fine.

20230122_103729.jpg