Edge is almost complete

338reezens

i have been reading threads here for a few years and finally got a log in not to long ago after noticing this site isnt like most (doesnt have all of the childish arguing). After shooting a 300win mag and 338win mag since i was 12, i decided that i wanted something that had a little more to it and would not brake the bank shooting it (and now that i am hooked on Elk hunting since i shot my first Bull in the first hour of my first DIY hunt). While on leave back in PA i stopped in to see the smith and talk things over and to define exactly what i wanted. I mentioned the Edge and told him how i wanted it and off i went to kuwait. wife sent me some pics the other day when she stopped in to see how everything was going. and this is what we have so far (since leaving for kuwait last november, i told him to take his time since i wouldnt be back till this november. lol). thanks for lookin!

Mcmillan A3/5 50/30/20
Hart #7
Rem 700 action (300rum) trued
Wyatt's ext mag box
JP Enterprises Brake
jewell trigger
ken farrell base
Mark 4 rings
Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50LRT
need to add bolt knob and a few other little pieces.
plans are to have it cerakoted also.

i will be moving to VA when i get home......good thing they have a long rifle season, since i will be missing the usual states

IMG_1512.jpg

That's going to be a good looking rig. What's the planned color for the metal?

When you get to VA, check out the shooting opportunities at Quantico.

Stay safe over there! While we appreciate your service over there, we need you alive and well here!

Thanks for sharing and serving. My 338 Edge A.I. I recently bought of a forum member should be on its way to my FFL as we speak, I can certainly share the excitement.

appreciate the comments.

trebark, i am leaning towards OD green. i plan on checking out quantico a good bit, eventhough the wife has plans for the family to go to the beach everyday, i mean everyday.gun)lightbulb

ca48, haha. anything new for hunting gets me goin. i made my wife send me pics of my scope when it came in, eventhough it looks absolutely no different than it does on the internet (as expected), but i still had to see "mine" lol.

338reezens, thank you for your service. Quite the list of components. Once complete hopefully you'll post some pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.