Almost have all the parts!

dodgefreak8

Well a huge piece of my build came in a brown truck today! I finally have enough parts rounded up that I feel I can officially call this a build.

I am building a 300rum and using the following parts:

Defiance Deviant LA
Seekins 338 Lapua DBM
Bartlain barrel 1.250"x5" tapering to .900" at 30" length Spiral fluted
JE CUSTOM Assassin Muzzle brake tuned for 300rum
Timney 510U trigger set at 2lbs
Manners T2A stock in Coyote tan with atlas rail.

I have been gathering parts as I could afford them and all I am waiting on is the Defiance action! Then its off to Kevin Cram at MCR where he'll perform his magical machine work and cerakote this bad boy black!

The wait for parts is excruciating!! BUT... it's been well worth it so far. Sorry for the crappy pic

I like it! Always wondered if that spiral fluting was more than just looks, does it work better than straight fluting? I really like it.

Thanks guys! I was never one that fell for all the fluting myths. I know removing metal never makes a barrel more stiff and I don't believe it makes the barrel cool at a faster rate to justify it. BUT the spiral fluting in my book looks awesome and it does remove more weight than straight fluting. This fluting job removed 15.1oz which was considerable since the barrel weighed in at 7lbs 11.2oz!

Removing that much weight is a great advantage if you hunt or carry it at all. Brilliant ! You have me seriously thinking about the spiral fluting now....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.