Ear bud, Noise cancelling hearing protection

KTP

Not sure where to post this so here we go. I'm looking for in the ear, ear bud type, noise canceling hearing protection that I can leave in. When I'm hog hunting I need to hear the other guys but when the action starts it's sometimes very difficult to get the plugs in. I don't want ear muffs. Too cumbersome and in the way of the stock weld. I've tried Walkers and their plugs just don't fit, I've tried a couple models of theirs. Have you found any that really fit the ear canal? Can you hear to talk while using? Do they really help with noise reduction? I'm shooting suppressed but others are not.
I'm trying to save the hearing I have left and need help with this.
Thanks all

I like the Walker Silencers. I bought a pair of the ones that use hearing aid batteries and one went bad on me. They didn't have the model I bought available to ship a replacement, so they sent me a set of the rechargeable ones. The rechargeable ones are double the price, but having used both I'd say it's worth it to get the rechargeable ones. Hearing aid batteries die after about 3 days once they're opened regardless of whether you're using them or not, so you'll be going through them quickly.

They use Comply foam tips that fit nicely in my ear canal. You can get rubber tips or different size foam tips if the included ones don't work for you. I haven't had any issues talking with them in. I don't think I'd use them as my only ear pro at a 3 gun match or day at the range with anything more than a 22, but for hunting they seem adequate to me.

Last edited: