Looking for electronic hearing protection (in ear)

Received the replacement pair and shot a 22lr with them. I can still hear a loud crack of the round and have the 29db black foam tips on. Then shot my 357Sig and yup no shunt of the blast report. Maybe it's just me but I would't want to shoot multiple times with these in.

Not Impressed!!
I know what your talking about.... Not impressed at all with the Axil product, maybe its me but they don's seem to work. I could/would not recommend them to others.

One thing to note with the rechargeable models
You only get so many recharge cycles and you have to buy new units.

With the replaceable battery models you can replace batteries for the rest of your life.

I use howard leight impact sports muffs and have for... what seems like a decade or so. No issues, I wear foam plugs first, then these when I'm target shooting. Just the muffs when hunting. I've used them in minus 20 and worse temps coyote hunting in Northern ND, they just work.

I bought Walkers in ear hearing protection this year, the $200/each, so $400 for two model.
The audio quality is worse than the $60 Howard Leights, and they either cut off and come back on so quick that they amplify echo of the shot, or aren't cutting off sound unless I have them turned down to the first couple volume lvls out of the 14 or so available.

Because you hear the shot with these things, it has been rough, but turn them down, like all the way, and things are better, I kind of think it's that they come back on so quick they are catching echo or any bounce of that shot noise and amplifying it when turned up. But I don't really know and am not an audiologist to test.

Anyway, I bought the in ears because I carry a 500 S&W when out fishing and around the house for bear protection, it is braked/has a compensator, so I figured the in ear would be a better and more comfortable all day solution, also, less conspicuous in public.

They work well enough for it, battery replacement is easy enough, just be careful, and I bought a CASE of the batteries, which will last me forever, for like $20... not a big deal at all.

But given what I know now, I too would do what I had to do and get custom fit for in ear protection.

Though the different price levels interest me, I'd like to know what the audio quality is really like through them, because these expensive'ish, HD bla bla super quality audio Walkers, aren't good at all. And they have a ton of adjustment I've messed with.

I'd like to see what the audio quality is like on the more expensive in ears... anyways, I digress.

Last year (gosh, it's actually been 2 years ago now) I bought Walker's in the ear ... Silencer or Game Ear? and wore them to a rifle class at Front Sight. I was in the middle of line on the first volley and the left ear didn't kick in the electronic noise cancelling. I lost about half of what little hearing I had remaining in that ear. No response from multiple emails to Walkers customer service.

Update on the ear pro. Been using for some time now, spendy but worth every penny.

Recent Posts